Posted September 14, 2014
The teacher did not leave the classroom and checked on the student after he had been in the restroom for awhile. The student left through the adjoining empty classroom. He was embarrassed he had had an accident.

Las Lomas Elementary School 1

Posted September 13, 2014
Your son is missing." One North Side mom got that terrifying phone call from her son's school early Tuesday morning, and now that school is making security changes. The teacher left the classroom leaving the kid in the bathroom. He got out and walked around the school and past the entrance and started walking down Hardy Oak Blvd. He made it into a nearby neighborhood and got lost but asked a man working in his yard for help. Nobody noticed he went out! Scary!

Posted August 11, 2014
Phenomenal school in every way, kids, staff, teachers and administration are all wonderful. Second grade Teacher Ms. Carnazzo is likely among the best there is, not to mention how great the rest are as well.

Posted April 17, 2014
Las Lomas is one of the best schools in NEISD. We moved to San Antonio about a month ago. I was so worried about moving my son in the middle of the school year but I can say this without hesitation that we are lucky that he got to go to Las Lomas Elementary. Everyone was so helpful and welcoming. His class teacher paid full attention to him and made sure that he blended in with all the other students. I would highly recommend this school to everyone. The technology is phenomenal, it has a brand new beautiful building and love the staff and teacher.

Posted January 28, 2014
I would consider Las Lomas to truly be the best of the best elementary schools in San Antonio. It has one of the most loving environments I could ever hope to put my children into, and I have been very academically impressed at the same time. The kids love all the technology- smart boards in every room; ipads, macbook airs, etc. Also, I have never seen a better music program in an elementary school- they teach the kids several instruments. I have to add that drop off and pick up traffic is awesome compared to other schools. There is ample parking and it only takes a minute or two to get your kids! There are special focus groups during the day to help kids who are struggling or challenge the ones who are ahead. The librarian even pulls small groups out to do special reading groups for the kids who are reading above grade level. The principal is great at communicating with me quickly when I bring up even a small issue. The PTA can be a little bureaucratic, but volunteering is still fun in the end. The men love going to do "Watch Dogs"! For someone who has done homeschooling, online schools, and tried out many public schools with my kids, this school is a real keeper.

Posted December 03, 2013
As a parent/former teacher, I expect nothing but the best in terms of educatin. My son enjoyed his experience there. Every school has pros and cons. So far the pros outweighed the cons. Staff are professional, friendly and cares about what they do especially around children. The school's communication system via email, phones, paper and websites were prompt and clear. Overall, I give it a "like it" thumbs up for this school.

Las Lomas Elementary School 1

Posted November 24, 2013
My son is bullied and I have reported this to his teacher and nothing is being done. He has special needs and any school that allows a special need student to be bullied is unconscionable. It appears the teachers and administrations are uncaring.

Las Lomas Elementary School 3

Posted November 18, 2013
This school was not the best for my children. The principal runs it with an iron fist. There is no compromise or understanding that each disagreement that occurs is unique. He hears what he wants to hear and not what is being said. There are some negative teachers who have an impact on students and parents. This is a school full of secrets and hidden agendas. Several parents feel this, and have had to make important decisions regarding the education of their children.

Posted September 23, 2013
Brand new school our kids love it and so do I. The teachers are spectacular and highly motivated to educate the children. We would highly recommend this school. The technology in this school is phenomenal. Great environment!!! Love the teachers and staff.

Las Lomas Elementary School
20303 Hardy Oak Boulevard, San Antonio, TX  78258
Last modified Las Lomas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Las Lomas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top