Bad
Good

Las Lomas is a warm place where every student has a voice. The school is focused on developing student leadership, and students fill these leadership roles with great pride. The administrators care about each student and are active in the wide variety of programs taking place throughout the campus. Students use technology to create and share their learning with a global audience. The music program is excellent- students learn to read music and play keyboards and ukuleles, and the student-led choir is performing at the capitol. Las Lomas is a great place to be!

Best school. This school takes the cake when compared to Hardy Oak elementary. My son attended Hardy Oak when in kindergarten. We moved up the street and they told me on a Friday he wasn't able to come back. Well of course I was upset because he didn't get closure with his friends but I see there was a reason he didn't succeed at this school. This school .. Hardy Oak is awful. ... the worst. He is happy and gets up now to go see his favorite teachers. I never listened to what others said about the previous school but now I agree... Las Lomas offers the best of the best. The faculty are friendly and the kids are happy. I am so proud to be a lion.

The teacher did not leave the classroom and checked on the student after he had been in the restroom for awhile. The student left through the adjoining empty classroom. He was embarrassed he had had an accident.

Your son is missing." One North Side mom got that terrifying phone call from her son's school early Tuesday morning, and now that school is making security changes. The teacher left the classroom leaving the kid in the bathroom. He got out and walked around the school and past the entrance and started walking down Hardy Oak Blvd. He made it into a nearby neighborhood and got lost but asked a man working in his yard for help. Nobody noticed he went out! Scary!

Phenomenal school in every way, kids, staff, teachers and administration are all wonderful. Second grade Teacher Ms. Carnazzo is likely among the best there is, not to mention how great the rest are as well.

Las Lomas is one of the best schools in NEISD. We moved to San Antonio about a month ago. I was so worried about moving my son in the middle of the school year but I can say this without hesitation that we are lucky that he got to go to Las Lomas Elementary. Everyone was so helpful and welcoming. His class teacher paid full attention to him and made sure that he blended in with all the other students. I would highly recommend this school to everyone. The technology is phenomenal, it has a brand new beautiful building and love the staff and teacher.

I would consider Las Lomas to truly be the best of the best elementary schools in San Antonio. It has one of the most loving environments I could ever hope to put my children into, and I have been very academically impressed at the same time. The kids love all the technology- smart boards in every room; ipads, macbook airs, etc. Also, I have never seen a better music program in an elementary school- they teach the kids several instruments. I have to add that drop off and pick up traffic is awesome compared to other schools. There is ample parking and it only takes a minute or two to get your kids! There are special focus groups during the day to help kids who are struggling or challenge the ones who are ahead. The librarian even pulls small groups out to do special reading groups for the kids who are reading above grade level. The principal is great at communicating with me quickly when I bring up even a small issue. The PTA can be a little bureaucratic, but volunteering is still fun in the end. The men love going to do "Watch Dogs"! For someone who has done homeschooling, online schools, and tried out many public schools with my kids, this school is a real keeper.

As a parent/former teacher, I expect nothing but the best in terms of educatin. My son enjoyed his experience there. Every school has pros and cons. So far the pros outweighed the cons. Staff are professional, friendly and cares about what they do especially around children. The school's communication system via email, phones, paper and websites were prompt and clear. Overall, I give it a "like it" thumbs up for this school.

My son is bullied and I have reported this to his teacher and nothing is being done. He has special needs and any school that allows a special need student to be bullied is unconscionable. It appears the teachers and administrations are uncaring.

This school was not the best for my children. The principal runs it with an iron fist. There is no compromise or understanding that each disagreement that occurs is unique. He hears what he wants to hear and not what is being said. There are some negative teachers who have an impact on students and parents. This is a school full of secrets and hidden agendas. Several parents feel this, and have had to make important decisions regarding the education of their children.

Last modified Las Lomas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.