San Antonio, TX

Posted May 14, 2015
Excellent school with caring and knowledgeable teachers! This school is clean, uses the most modern technology, and the front office staff is friendly and helpful. The teachers are genuinely interested in the education and well being of ALL their students -- from those who are gifted to those who have special needs. Unfortunately some reviewers gave this school low ratings based on things that the individual school cannot control (recess time, dual language); these things are regulated by he district and/or state.

Posted March 20, 2015
After leaving private school, I will be honest. I was on the fence going into the neighborhood school but said I'd "give it a year and see." My child has some developmental issues but is also GT, and I just didn't know if the bigger classrooms with a higher student:teacher ratio was going to be a fit. But man was I WRONG! The teachers and support staff at this school are 5-star. The communication between teachers and also with parents is like nothing I've seen. Whether the kids are having trouble or having a terrific day, they recognize it and are on it! The facilities, afterschool opportunities, GT program, and students here are amazing. I cannot say enough about this wonderful, top-notch elementary school.

Posted January 23, 2015
Love the dual language program but we are extremely disappointed at the poor planning from the school/district regarding the growth and room capacity for this program in particular. Many families will be forced to move to Stone Oak elementary (the first school built in the area) . Parents of incoming K students with siblings in VR will have to attend 2 different schools. (In 2015-2016 school year the dual language program will open at Stone Oak for incoming K students only). This is a BIG mess and it is making me re-think my commitment and interest in the program altogether. I don't want to expose my child to multiple changes throughout her elementary years and I'm afraid the District isn't ready or prepared to deal with this growing pains. Nevertheless during their last informative meeting they made us feel we don't have any right to be unhappy or complain. Not once have they apologized for their poor planning. Wouldn't recommend joining this program if you are not OK with not being able to provide your child with school/friends/teachers stability during his/her elementary years.
3 people found this helpful

Vineyard Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted November 17, 2014
We love the curriculum of our dual language program but disapprove of the schedule. Not sure whether this is similar to other NEISD schools... I'm disappointed that the kids only get 25 mins a day of recess. For a day that starting at 7:30 the kids have lunchtime at 10:30 indoors in the cafeteria with no play time and 25 min recess at 12:30. They have 2 PE classes every week but they are at 8:00 so not really good breaktime for them. A large portion of their day involves sitting in the classroom. Thanks to this schedule my child considers does not consider school too be a fun place. Which is a shame for kindergarten class! The main way all the classes keep kids disciplined is using a big board will all the kids names on it. When a child misbehaves he/she has to go to the front of the class and move the marker from Green to Yellow to Red in front of the entire class. I find this a pretty old-school method of discipline. My child can tell me which kids in his class get Red markers every day.
4 people found this helpful

Posted November 02, 2014
Its a great school! New, clean, updated technology. Fantastic teachers! Loads of community activities. I'm very comfortable sending my child here.

Posted September 21, 2014
As with the previous reviewer, I too am disappointed with the increase in kinder classes one month into the school year. Furthermore, when choosing which children move to the new classes, they did not take into account the individual personalities and circumstances of each child. Some children do not adapt as well as others.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 17, 2014
Very disappointed in how the school one month into the school year is adding two new kinder classes. This at a time when the children are just getting comfortable with their classroom setting and teacher. Even further disappointed in how they are putting these two new classes in a completely different area than the other kinder classes on a different floor of the building.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 16, 2014
Amazing school!! The teachers and faculty are so terrific and place an emphasis on making a different for each child. I couldn't wish for a better school for my child to attend.

Posted September 23, 2013
This is a wonderful school. It is a new school in San Antonio with a dual language program. It also has an emphasis on technology and it is amazing what students are learning on this campus. The principal is amazing and takes a person interest in the students. They are also striving to be a Lighthouse school and have started the Leader in Me process. The whole staff makes you feel welcome and included on this campus. A good feeling for parents! Top notch school!

Vineyard Ranch Elementary School
16818 Huebner Road, San Antonio, TX  78258
Last modified Vineyard Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vineyard Ranch Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top