Bad
Good

This is a great school but it getting crowded due to all the growth in the area. They are at over 1000 kids this yea and growing, and the school has no choice! Some grades will be capped and you will be sent to an overflow school. The administration is very friendly and approachable, the PE and music teachers are amazing. I have had a great experience there for the last 2 years, but it is sad to see it getting so big and croweded.

I love this school. My daughter was previously taught under the common core standards, but is has become very evident her level of learning has increased since leaving. I found the teachers very easy to communicate with and my daughter LOVES all of the, even in specials. There is a high level of respect from the administration and the Parent involvement is unlike anything I have seen. I highly recommend this school. I only marked down one star because of the rate of expansion in the local neighborhoods, the school is quickly outgrowing it's walls.

This is the second year that our children attend Mireles ES. Our children will attend the 4th grade & kindergarten during the 2013-14 school year. We are pleased with the overall quality of the education of this school. At times we wish the curriculum were more challenging; sometimes we felt our children were covering material that had mastered the year before. There is a GT program that could be more robust; i.e. the program was only a couple of hours on one day per week. However, The faculty is very motivated & enthusiastic about educating our children & we really appreciate this. Also, there are active parents involved in the school activities. In fact, the PTA is very involved with the school staff and also motivated. We are looking forward to the coming year and expect that the school will just get better.

We first arrived to this school last year. We were nervous about our children being looked over since they were new, but as soon as we requested to have our daughter tested for the gifted and talented program, they did. We made requests for additional parent-teacher conferences throughout the year and were promptly answered. We even requested a parent-principal conference to talk about our plans for the next year (which we are about to start), and she was very attentive to our requests. We were also very happy with the preschool program! Even though it is only 3 hours long per day, our son finished the school year knowing how to read short words and how to sound out the long ones!! In addition our daughter scored phenomenal on the STAAR test!!!! We are very happy with this school!!

Mireles Elementary School is the most family-community focused schools I have had the pleasure of experiencing. The staff (principal to custodians) are attentive to ALL students' needs. There is always a warm welcome and the teachers show genuine commitment to the students. Our son has started his third year at this school and each year has been even better than the one before. To say that they strive to forge a true partnership between school-family-community, is an understatement. There is a way for everyone to get involved. Our son has the advantage of a Class A education right here in the neighborhood!

While this school does have some good features, such as offering extra classes to learn a language after school (for a fee), and a nice staff, overall I have not been impressed. At All. Poor organization and management. My student did not receive his classroom text books for 2 1/2 months after transferring and did "similar" activities to the class such as computer while they worked out of their books (as an example). I would not recommend this elementary school.

Excellent school. Well organized and maintained. Extra curricular activities are encouraged and the progress my children have made is excellent. Great Principle!

Wonderful staff, beautiful campus. So glad to able to send my children here. Lots of extra activities. Can not ask for more.

Last modified Mireles Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.