Bad
Good

I will give credit where it is due and ridicule where not. The principal/vice principal are pleasant and care for the students. However, some of the teachers are horrible. The teachers speak down to the students as if they are at school just to collect a check, rather than teach. The staff has no control of the students, often times, resulting in incidents where "nothing is seen." If you point out issues the teachers get attitudes, as if it is not your job as a parent to be attentive towards your child. I would think with the students being so young, the environment would be a lot more positive and less chaotic but no, not at Harmony. The school is filled with less advantaged students that MAY have behavioral issues but just need patience and guidance.

I have to say, overall I am not pleased with this school. The staff is ok, but the kids are out of control most of the time. I have been to class parties and the kids were literally running in and out of the room and down the hall. When I asked the teacher where certain students went, she didn t know and acted as if it happens all the time. I have also been to lunch with my kids and many students were running in all different directions through the entire lunch period. I could barely enjoy sitting with my kids to have lunch with them because the others were so crazy. At our previous school it was not like this at all. Their grades also dropped pretty drastically while attending this school. They do offer after school tutoring which would be nice, but when I asked my kids what they worked on during tutoring it was never anything they needed to be working on or the teacher couldn t even stay and had to get someone else to basically just sit with them for that hour. We are moving this month and I am very ready to get them into a different school. There is more I could say but I don t have enough room.

Do not expect to be welcomed by the teachers and staff if you want to be a home room Mom. Terrible experience for a child that is reserved. The Principal speaks down to you even though you have more education than her. They seem to "run you off" if you request to sit in the child's classroom. I was told that I was a distraction to the other kids just for wanting to sit quietly in a corner and observe how the class was run. My child was contentiously getting hit on by another student and the teacher simply looked the other way. She blamed my child for not speaking up. The principal sides with the teachers of course and was of little help. The poor kids are not watched & after becoming a staff member, I saw kids picked by vehicles that they did not normally go home in. A child was placed on a bus when they were a car rider! The playground is easily accessed by a side gate and the children wander towards the back of the property which leads into the woods. There were several holes in the fence at the time, hopefully these have been fixed! Forget parent involvement, because you feel so unwelcome.

My child had a traumatizing Kindergarden experience, 1st grade was his best. 2nd Grade is ok. The teachers are fair at best. They seem to look down on the kids a lot, even in meetings. I visited my child a couple times and was not allowed to stay more than a few minutes. Very dissapointed overall. Had I had more experience before buying my home, I would have chosen a different location, just so they don't attend this school. I'm looking into charter schools and private at this time, my daughter is due to start next fall and if I can control it, she won't attend this school.

Last modified Harmony Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3