Bad
Good

John Glenn Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter went to school for kindergarten at John Glenn, but during her first grade year she was constantly getting bullied and it got so bad that she came home with a HUGE bruise on her face and no note from the nurse or any information from anyone. She told me some little brat pushed her against a pole during PE and the teachers told her to just stop crying and go wash her face off. Really?! No consideration whatsoever, especially after I went up there numerous times to talk to the principal and counselor about the bullying...not once did they try to stop it. This bullying caused my daughter to back track and she fell behind. We finally transferred her to a fantastic charter school off of San Pedro and she is excelling and improving exponentially. They spend so much more time with her, one on one, and are helping her more than her first grade teacher. Her kindergarten teacher was amazing, but the first grade teacher did not do anything. They need to care more about the children and not just doing a job.

Posted February 28, 2013
A good school to have our children, because all the staff is really efficient and very educated

Posted May 08, 2006
Both of my sons attend this school and I and both of my brothers attended this school years ago. I have found that the school has grown for the best since we attended. I have had such wonderful teachers for my children except one. The principal immediately took care of the situation and moved my child out of that horrible class. My eldest son will definitely miss them next year when he goes to the Middle School.

Posted April 01, 2006
My grandson has attended John Glenn Elem. for three years and says he doesn't want to go to any other school. His grades are good and he enjoys going to school every day. I visit the school at various times and days and am always welcomed. The past couple of years his teachers have been strict, but kind and he has learned well. For discipline, they use the pyramid system...from top to bottom (ie: Trust, Attitude, Work Ethic, Selflessness, Self Control, Responsibility.)The students lose a piece of their pyramid if they respond incorrectly in any of these areas and have to earn that piece back. Also, they have to sign a contract stating what they did wrong and what they must do to earn it back. This seems to be very effective. We are very satisfied at this school.

John Glenn Elementary School 4

Posted October 18, 2005
This school is very involved with the children and the parents. It is a small close-knit community and you are made to feel welcomed and important. My child's teacher took the extra time to help my son in his work and took time to help me learn how to work with my son also. I would definitely recommend this school.

John Glenn Elementary School 1

Posted September 07, 2005
Sorry to say, but I am not impressed with this school at all. The office staff is rude, which a horrible way to start a kids or parents day. The principal does not have the drive or initiative to run the school. My child was there for 3 years and I feel like he did not learn much in class. He spent half the time filing papers, grading other students work and always seemed to be bored. There just doesn't seem to be any desire to help students maximize on their potential. I finally pulled him out and have him in a charter school this year.

Posted May 27, 2005
My grandson has attended Kinder and First grade. He is blessed to have had good teachers who have given him a solid foundation of learning and responsibility. I am very satisfied with every thing I have seen so far.

John Glenn Elementary School
7284 Farm to Market Road 1628, San Antonio, TX  78263
(210) 649-2021
Last modified John Glenn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Glenn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top