Bad
Good

This is an amazing school. The first time i moved to Robert G Cole High , i felt so welcomed. Everyone was so nice. This is a great school. It has been my favorite school out of ALL the schools i have attended to. The teachers at the school are great and understanding. The students could have not have been any nicer.

Cole is an amazing place for military dependents. I'm currently a freshman going into my sophomore year. I first started school here in elementary and moved through middle school and just made it to high school. Most of the teachers are nice and teach well but like any other school there's a few we despise. Our principal recently obtained her doctorate and we're working on expanding the school. Academic wise theres lots of opportunities. Our UIL programs have done extremely well with most of them making it to state.Majority of the programs took district and placed at regionals. We even took state in powerlifting this year. To be honest our fall sports (volleyball and football) along with baseball and softball aren't the best, but mainly its the coaches closed minded way of thinking. However , we have terrific athletes and school spirit.We have plenty of honor society's and clubs for almost anybody. This year we just added a photography class and everyone loves it. Since the school is small everyone knows everyone and most of us get along. Lunch is relatively fun since we're allowed to order food. Cole is a wonderful place.

I absolutely love this school. I am an 8th grade student that has been going here since 6th grade. I love the fact that it is only a 2A school, which means we have a close-knit student body. The teachers are very good at what they do, and how they teach. Our school recently started an athletics program for 7th and 8th graders. Our coaches are fantastic. The Middle School administration is very caring about the students. I love that this is a school for military children, so that everyone is going through the same toubles as everyone else in regards to deploying family members and moving every few years. The only thing I, personally, do not like is the library. The new Librarians have new rules which I don't like. We have to pay $.10 a day for overdue book, which is why I don't use the library. This year we have a brand new cafeteria which is gorgeous. I personally, being a student of this school for 3 years, would highly recommend this school to any Military child, and hope they have the best possible year in their new school.

I have heard nothing but bad things about this school. For one, the faculty, specifically the main office, is very disorganized. My daughter has had a rough year and needed some doctor's visits frequently. Considering the school only allows 9 days unexcused absences, we asked the office what we could do to turn those into excused absences so she wouldn't have to worry about losing credit. So, we called and said "Can we just bring in any note with my signature on it? That way it's excused?" The office replied with a yes and we were able to move one with my daughter's doctor appointments with ease. However, last week, she was sent to the attendance office and was told she must make up 16 HOURS worth of detention because she went over the limit. I couldn't believe this. Next, I'd also like to think that a tiny sparkle on my daughter's nose isn't more important than her classes. I want to point a finger at "Suzy" Hawkinson, who wouldn't let my daughter leave the office til her nose ring was out of her nose. Keep in mind, my daughter had a huge math test to get to. Her nose was infected at the time and was medically not able to remove it. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.

I really like the school. Kids have many extra curricular activities and sports opportunities and are very important Kids are able to take AP Classes. Teachers and administration are reachable and available. School is small. GREAT SCHOOL.

Phone calls to administration aren't returned -- it's been a week now. Admin and teachers are contemptuous and often condescending to parents and students. Emails to 8th grade teachers are sometimes ignored with no return reply. If a student is struggling, s(he) is regarded with suspicion (esp. if there's a 504). We're concerned and involved parents and the treatment we, and our daughter, receive is the worst that we've ever had in any district. She is regarded with hostility and contempt - is asked, after struggling with tests and homework, if she's manipulating the situation to obtain more help -- or she's asked, by one teacher, isn't my homework important enough? Stay away! No encouragement here. Our poor experience suggests why the state of education in TX is so dire.

Great High School I had one graduate from this school and I like the high school!!!! The middle school needs help.

I think the school should have more activities for the middle school. we dont have sports or clubs.(just 2) it feels more like a prison than a school

This school is the worst schools for my children for both academics and treatment of students/parents in my 20 years of being in the military. I would suggest home school or private.

Cole Middle School will go on and on telling you about how they are a ISD school BUT only the Military Children are allowed to attend. Do they care how they treat the Military Child? Absolutely not! As a spouse of a soldier who is currently on his 4th deployment, this is the worst school for support of any kind, including special needs, in our 24 years in the military. Things that aren't important are HUGE, things that are important are over looked ever single day. I only wish we had either sent them off post to a private school or home-schooled. Ft. Sam Houston is a wonderful place to be stationed... just don't let your children attend their schools.... unless you love stress.

Last modified Robert G Cole Middle/High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.