San Antonio, TX

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
school employees lie about incidents happening at school always catering to the bad kids .

Harlandale Middle School 2

Posted May 31, 2015
The students are out of control at this school due to lack of supervision The good students are badly outnumbered by bullies..

Posted May 06, 2015
my son attends this school and has been bullied most of the school year when the counselor and teachers make it seem as if it is my sons problem.They hold meetings with us but nothing changes.This will be the last year he goes here.Its a shame because the teachers are really good and his grades are A's and B's.

Posted April 27, 2015
My son bully all year emotionally and physically I am not happy with this school ..he will not attend this next coming school year .. Principals are lost n not aware of things

Posted July 20, 2010
I am student at HMS. I have always wanted to switch my school, but since my family has trouble with transportation, I must stay here. I have been bullied and some have wanted to start fight with me. There is a lot of cursing here and disclinary is not the best. I love HISD, but they need to learn how to control us kids and stop all this buling. The little signs that say "Drugs make you stupid" and "don't bully" has no affect. Now for teachers, this is below or average. One of our teachers is just plain wierd and another one cries durning class. Some our fun and nice. As for administration, they have thier ups and downs. When a fight starts, all they do is probably give the child detention, or sometimes a sitation. I want to leave HMS...badly. I don't recommend this place at all.

Posted April 12, 2010
I believe that this school is doing a great injustice when students are promoted without mastering the material. Students who don't pass the TAKS Test on the third try get basically a free pass to move on to the 9th grade because if they are not passed it might be a negative impact to their ego. Most teachers there want to be the kids friend and will high five them for any reason, but for passing. Most of the time the students don't get punished if they break a rule because the discipline is not great to begin with. I withdrew my child from that school for his own safety.

Harlandale Middle School 5

Posted January 21, 2010
i go to this school all the teachers are great if a student is wants to make an effort to pass the teacher will help you with what ever you need work on. people might say the this school is 'ghett' but really you dont know till you have been a student in evry calss. some teachers are really hard of corse they are not supposed to be easy on you.

Posted January 11, 2010
It is an excellent school to go to. My children love it.

Harlandale Middle School 5

Posted September 24, 2009
Harlandale Middle School is a great school. They have wonderful teachers and a grea 7th grade football coaches are really dedicated.

Posted August 29, 2008
The teachers and Administrators are great with the kids. My son had an excellent counselor to help him and just to talk to.

300 West Huff Avenue, San Antonio, TX  78214
Last modified Harlandale Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harlandale Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top