San Antonio, TX

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 17, 2015
It is super easy to get I touch with the teachers. They implemented class dojo so all I have to do is simply text them with problems or questions

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 17, 2015
I feel they try to encourage and promote good morals, but I feel bullying is a problem and it needs to be dealt with swiftly.

Posted July 17, 2015
These teachers truly care. I have never had my children at another school so wonderful.

Posted June 08, 2015
The faculty and staff are top notch! They really care about each individual student. I'm a foster mom, and had several kids attend Crestview. Every teacher I experienced working with were excellent educators who took special interest in what was best for each of my children.

Crestview Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2015
We moved from another state & bought a house that was zoned for this district because we thought since it was so highly rated, it would be wonderful. Boy, were we wrong. Our child started halfway through the year. She was expected to be at the same level as the children who had been there all year. We were told the first week "Your child needs to learn self control." My answer? "She's 4! Plus this is her first time ever in a school...give her some time." Morning drop is terrible. Numerous times there would be 4 and 5 year old children waiting by the office alone with no teacher in sight. It is very clear that if your child is primarily Spanish speaking, you will do well at this school. The teachers greet and speak to the children and their parents in Spanish at morning drop off...if you don't speak Spanish, you aren't greeted. From what I can tell, the school teaches just what the kids need to know to test well in order to get their "10" rating. I would give the school a 5 personally. Our child will NOT be returning!

Posted August 22, 2013
I highly recommend Crestview Elementary School, they have a very good academic level, administrative staff and teachers are very good and kind, it is an excellent school.

Crestview Elementary School 3

Posted May 05, 2013
If I could afford to move, I would. As my grandson prepares for kindergarten next year, we have attempted to learn about this school's kinder round up. All the other schools/districts in the area have already sent home information. We get no reply from district or campus level personel. There is no information on the school sign. There is no information anywhere. Trying to early vote in the district this past week was a scavenger hunt of where and when and the bond information does not fully disclose plans. The same issues plagued this district when my children attended. I would move if I could. Unfortunately, I am not in a situation for that kind of change. I am a parent, a teacher (another district) and a grandparent.

Crestview Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2012
Horrible principal, don't bother trying to fix a problem with her, she will call you and make sure you know it is all your fault, regardless of the problem. Then she will blame anyone that could be blamed but never just simply say... sorry that happened, we will try to make sure it doesn't happen again. The overall school seems to have a bully issue, they are trying to get rid of the bully problem, but when my kindergartner went to the teacher because another child licked her in the face the teacher told her not to tattle. She has also gone to the teacher for other things like pushing and teasing by other students and gets told also not to tattle. So bullying is not accepted at the school, but if it happens to you, don't try telling anyone because it will become your problem. Appearance, the school always has broken playground equipment and they have overgrown grass and thorns in the front yards. This is also a uniform school district, something I don't agree with in a public school, but they are doing it because of gang issues.

Crestview Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2010
This school is the top school in the district. It has been that way now for three years in a row. The teachers have the support of their principals and the principal can count on the support by her teachers at the highest levels. The community is very supportive and understands the growing pains of an expanding school district. Many of the community members are financially strapped but have always dug deep into their pocket books to come up with the aid the school and district needs. The special programs are the best the district can offer. There are some disgruntled parents that may want to utilize the special programs but may not be eligible due to requirements or governmental restrictions to qualify for services. Unfortunately they choose to exercise their freedom of speech to demonstrate their disappointment and condemn all that is associated with the cause of their frustration.

Posted July 30, 2009
I homeschooled my son from K-3. When we moved into this school district, we enrolled him. I have nothing but good things to say for the school. There is a carnival every year that funds the field trips. All the children can participate this year. This year my 5th grader was able to go to Science Camp which was 3 days sleep-away camp. He had a blast and learned a lot. And it seemed like all the staff knew my son's name. That is incredible considering how many children are at the school. The only thing critical I have to say is there is too much emphasis on standardized testing. But that is not the school, that is the climate of the state. Wish my son could attend this school another year.

7710 Narrow Pass Street, San Antonio, TX  78233
Last modified Crestview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crestview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top