Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I have a big issue BULLYING. I dont know why kids think FIGHTING is the answer! This kids have their own games. They make up games involving fighting they just choose random kids to pick & fight with. My son was targeted just because he gets good grades. Its ridiculous! This kids will fight in restrooms, playgrounds, in cafeteria, etc. Dont get me wrong its a good school but something needs to be done with BULLYING.

My daughter attended pre k here in the 2014-2015 school year. I cannot believe how much she learned going for half a day every day. Not only did her speech get better, she knows the whole alphabet, upper and lower case, the sounds (to the point of being able to read a word here or there on her own sounding it out), can count 1 to 100, add and subtract minimally, can write her name as well as other words on her own, knows the days of the week, months of the year, seasons and so much more. While she knew some things to start, to see how far she could go is amazing and exciting and I'm so pleased. I was allowed to participate in many activities they had at the school as well as have my younger son get involved with his class for activities as well when I went up to the school so see my daughter. Participation was highly encouraged in all things. It's not a great area of town and maybe when she's older I will find another school just because of the area we live in is a little rough. But while she is younger and more focused on school than the kids around her, this is a great school. The teachers keep them active and going and were treated well from what I always saw and was told by my daughter. I have nothing bad to say about my experience with the school as far as pre k goes and the teachers we had.

Below average academically for sure. The campus is littered with trash, and across the street is a sleazy corner store with tons of trash and graffiti and seedy people hanging around. My son experienced nothing but problems during first grade; the teacher was inept and would overlook his homework almost daily when it was inside his binder as usual. The pricipal was forever calling me if my son had ANY kind of issue whatsoever - one of which was my son soiled his underwear because he wasn't allowed to go to the restroom... Also he was given out of class suspension repeatedly for rudimentary reasons..I mean this is first grade!! Surely there is a "time out" area in the classroom so a child isn't missing instruction! Really unhappy with this school, it's in a ghetto area and looks it. All the good reviews for this school were posted 10 years ago; it has definitely gone downhill because Candlewood Elementary is nothing to rave about.

My school is amazing, the best feeling was sending my som here for his very first year of school!! The only complaint I have is the lighting around the school and street for drop off in the morning, and wish they had a crossing card at the corner in front of the Pre-K rooms.

my son is in first grade. Ms. Rodriguez she did not want to give me a conference at all. she made up all kinds of excuses not to give me one. I am very disapointment with that, i think we as parents need to know what material our kids are learning and if they need help, we need to know that.

My son just completed his first year of school here. (Kindergarten) His teacher, Mrs. Rubio, is an excellent teacher. The principal, Mrs. Allen, is an outstanding principal. She really tried to 'whip the school into shape.' If you know the location of the school, then you will understand why. From looking at the surroundings of the school, you would think it is a bad run-down school, but the majority of the staff and teachers there are very nice. I think it's a great school and the PTA parents are all very nice.

I can not tell you how impressed I am with the level of attention and dedication I notice with the entire staff at Candlewood. My daughter was a part of the pre-school program and is now in Kindergarten. She enjoys school so much that she does extra homework on her own and can now read to me. My daughter is so excited that she tells me she does not want to miss a day of school even if I have the day off. The school is very receptive to volunteerism and provides an atmosphere conducive to learning and growth.

My kids were transferred to Candlewood by the District because the school they were attending was overpopulated. At first I was nervous and upset but now I am very happy that this change came about. The teachers are great. The principal and her assistant are caring and go out of their way for the kids. I have three kids in the school and they have all been taken care of very good. Both the academics are great as well as the concern for the children's social being. I truly recommend Candlewood to Family and friends and would enroll them here even if I had the option to send them elsewhere.

Last modified Candlewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.