Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 18, 2016
Mrs Suzanne Jobes. Very caring, hardworking teacher. She taught both my children before we took them out of the school. She is very compassionate about her job and her students. Wished every teacher was like this woman.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted February 18, 2016
Somewhat. They empathize with those being bullied and attacked, but are powerless to do anything for fear of losing their census

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 18, 2016
They are partial to bad students. They are powerless in protecting the really good kids

Posted December 20, 2014
Serna is a GREAT school. The teacher's are very good and I see the Principal, Mr. Luther, everyday when I go there. I don't know what that other person was talking about because he is very involved. He is even outside in the mornings with the student crossing guards helping to direct traffic to ensure the safety of our children. I guess some people think that since they don't live in those "Section 8" apartments next door they deserve more attention than the other parents and children. Shame on you. How dare you get on here and lie about Serna Elementary like that? And how dare you say some about where those children live because they are less fortunate? That is a very good school. If you don't like it maybe you should put your children in private school since you think you are at a level higher than others. Smh. The nerve of some people.........And by the way, my name is PHOENICIA MILLER and I am a proud Serna parent!!!!!! (I went off track because I was offended by a previous post) Its a good school.

Posted April 28, 2014
The school has poor teacher learning. More emphasis is put on passing the STAAR than anything else. If you fail the STAAR, they automatically eval you for "Special Education" and have a Special Ed counselor eval you. I am very disapointed in this school and the whole,NEISD.

Posted April 04, 2014
We are not placing our children in this school. The school has deteriorated in the past 5 years. Our first grader attended and then we decided to place our others in private school. The teachers are burned out, administration cannot deal with the hoodlum students, the population has changed. Cannot keep good teachers.

Posted October 11, 2012
I have been trying to call and it saids wrong number.. (210) 650-1508. Please give me a call at (956) 832-5150 or (956) 373-4298.

Posted June 04, 2012
Think about it like this: eight out of ten of the last postings had errors. Look for yourselves. The only two which did not, were one sentence each. Think about this very hard.

Serna Elementary School 4

Posted November 18, 2010
My both my daughters have always had problems with reading and math. Only my younger daughter goes to Serna. Well let me say that Serna has done their best to help her with her math and reading. She had dramatically improved on her math skills. As far as her reading they saw the problem and stepped in to give her speech therapy, which she needed. The speech therapist is so patience and kind, as is the dyslexia specialist. They have been working with her and help me feel like they are doing everything they can for her. The dyslexia specialist has even helped me get help for my middle schooler when I was having problems with her school. When I moved I was worried about my daughter leaving this school and having to start all over again. But her principal Mr. Price assured me that he would let her stay, to get the help she needed.

Posted July 26, 2009
this is the best school that my child has ever been, she has come so far here and the staff and teachers are great!

2569 Northeast Interstate 410 Loop, San Antonio, TX  78217
Last modified Serna Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.