Posted May 19, 2014
I have both my boys in Castle Hills and they love it. I have always had great communication with the teachers, nurses and assistant principal when needed. I have never had a hard time getting ahold of anyone. We love the year around schedule, and all the teachers my boys have had are very posistive and patient and always willing to help when my kids didnt understand something or if I wanted to discuss something. I plan to keep my boys there until they make the transisiton to middle school.

Posted November 03, 2012
Castle Hills Elementary School has given our children a very positive and outstanding education. They love it here, especially the year round schedule. From the principal to the cleaning crew. All have a very caring attitude. I really appreciate the parent involvement.

Posted November 14, 2011
Great school!! My daughter is in her 2nd year there and we absolutely love it! The staff is wonderful and there is a lot of parent involvement!

Posted May 15, 2011
This is the best elementary school I have ever seen!! Since it is a magnent school, it strives for excellence and it certainly achieves it.

Castle Hills Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2010
My daughter has really enjoyed castle hills elementary as opposed to the last school she attended.My only concren with the school was trying to get tutoring provided early on in the school year .I felt they only offered tutoring once taks testing was near.This test really stinks and puts so much pressure on the students.

Posted April 27, 2010
This will be our last year and we love our school. I dont understand the other bad reviews maybe parents need to participate more in there childs education. Our family has had wonderful years here and now we are moving to the next level, middle school. We love the staff and the new principal too. All the teachers are just wonderful even the ones our child never had. Great school filled with awesome parents that participate all the time. Go Road Runners!

Castle Hills Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2009
Very poor communication between principal and parents. I'm withdrawing my son and take him to another school.

Castle Hills Elementary School 2

Posted March 20, 2009
I hate how the school pays little to no attention to children with special needs and are slow to test for any LD's. Not only that but trying to get a hold of anyone at that school is near impossible and they are very slow to respond. The Assistant VP is also a real piece of work with little regard for families needs. I withdrew my son to homeschool him, that is how horrible it was!!

Castle Hills Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2008
Very poor communication between principal, vice principal, couselors, teachers and parents. Any issue concerning students is quickly brushed off as a problem with the student. Concern for student progress or degress is also addressed as a problem with the student. Principal avoids any meetings with parents regarding teacher issues and strict refusal to move students to different teachers even with this move is in the students best interest is the norm. Unfortunately, this new principal has moved this school from being all about the kids with a productive and inspiring environment into a very average school with the only concern being that she is happy and not that the children move on in life to love learning and are inspired to grow in their education.

Posted July 27, 2008

Castle Hills Elementary School
200 Lemonwood Drive, San Antonio, TX  78213
Last modified Castle Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Castle Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top