San Antonio, TX

Posted August 11, 2014
Ten out of ten it's ok. #Churchill 4 lyfe #that charger lyfe tho -junior year student 2014

Churchill High School 3

Posted September 06, 2013
Churchill is great, purely for the academics and school spirit! I don't know how the school is now, but I really liked it during my freshman year. I moved from out of state, and the teachers really helped me ease into the pre-AP curriculum. I feel like I had plenty of choices for classes too! Honestly, what really bothered me was the cliques, lack of dress code, and the overall attitude of my classmates. I didn't really relate to a whole lot of people, because they were so into themselves and their drama to pay any attention to someone they didn't deem worthy. One time I saw a senior sign in at one of the volunteer events then leave. Also, one of my clubs ended 4 months early because the seniors didn't care because they got their college acceptance letters. Typical behavior there. Funny thing is that my best friends that year came from out of the district like myself. Still, the kids love their school and the academics/competition will really prepare students for college. Just hope that your student won't get caught up in drama!

Posted May 14, 2012
My teen daughter and I moved here a year and a half ago. My daughters first year she didn't participate in any sports. This year she ran track and cross country. I love churchill. Some of the sports moms are uppity and they don't make it easy for the other parents to befriend them but that is no reflection on the school. The dress code or lack of is a bit of a concern, but other than that I am a proud charger mom!

Churchill High School 4

Posted February 03, 2012
Get Satisfaction Welcome, PAULA CASTLE I m confused Ranked # 1 at Churchill High School Senior Class out of 638 fellow students My daughter Ally Arias attended Churchill High school coming from North-side Clark High School freshmen year. She went from being ranked #3 to #9 and in the end Graduation #1. My daughter was on the Debate Team and has never made a B in her life. What really makes me mad is that my daughter worked hard to be number #1 and wasn't given acknowledgment from Churchill's principal Mr Vaughn. In fact they don't even have a Valordvictorian ! What's up with that? Why do other schools in the North East school district acknowledge Valordvictorian? At Churchill you have to try out to give the commencement speech where as it should be automatic that the highest ranking student gives the speech. It meant a great deal to me being that I have been a single parent since 1997. My daughter and I have been homeless before and have been economically challenged all of her life. Despite the hard times my child has made it she now ATTENDS Rice and has made the honor roll. I am very proud of her.

Churchill High School 1

Posted January 12, 2012
This school may be academically excellent but the kids here are not so nice or generally good. I've a whole load of PDA, dress code violations, and kids just don't listen to the teacher. I just moved here about a month ago and only made 5 friends, they are not so welcoming either. I got here and kids here are very rude and disrespectful. The cliques is the worst part their everywhere. And the teachers here teach straight out of the book which I certainly hate because they hardly explain what to do. I highly recommend Harlandale High School, they explain everything to the simplest form until you understand, very welcoming, and not many cliques.

Churchill High School 1

Posted December 15, 2010
needs to sort out priorities! Staff shows no concern for students and more on sports!

Churchill High School 2

Posted June 20, 2010
Churchill wasn't as great as some of these reviews say it is.Yeah, academically they were good, but the over all experince was bad.I came from another state and I was supposed to have all Pre-AP classes,but they put me in regular.Some of the teachers just let the students do what they want and walk all over them.The adminstration seems like they don't care about what goes on in the school, and not to mention that the so called 'campus police' just rides around on that golf cart all day not doing anything about the tremendous amount of skipping and illegal activities.Churchill may be an ideal school for some but others may hate it like I did.

Churchill High School 0

Posted January 25, 2010
this is the best school in the world i am a freshman and i love it here

Posted September 15, 2009
I went to Churchill High School. I had just moved from Mexico City, the adjustment was very easy, the intensity of studies and the expectation from the students was so low that I thought I was on vacation. I do gave to give credit to all the teachers for their efforts, since the program was not written by them.

Churchill High School 0

Posted August 08, 2009
Churchill was terrible, they gave my son too much homework. He got really overwhelmed with homework, and I am sending him to Clark this year. I hope Churchill can improve on this matter.

Churchill High School
12049 Blanco Road, San Antonio, TX  78216
Last modified Churchill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Churchill High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top