San Antonio, TX

Coker Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2015
This school is average at best. Staff and faculty are as cold as ice. Located right off a main road it has the feel of a high school and the number of students to back that statement. Not somewhere I would be happy to boast my child goes here. We live in the district so are basically forced to go here as we missed the deadline for School Choice due to military relocation. Parents are not allowed to drop off their children inside the building. I would not recommend this school to military families or newcomers to San Antonio. It's horrible and we are only two days in. If you are used to high quality education this school is not for you.

Posted March 27, 2015
Love love love Coker!! Our son is in the dual language program there and is doing well. The school is a happy, well-run place!

Coker Elementary School 4

Posted July 18, 2011
We think Coker Elementary School is wonderful; The teachers are great, friendly and welcoming. The school itself is not too big, it has kind of a cozy feel compared to other schools and it seems lots of people know our son by name while he's not the kind of child that sceams attention. Our son likes it at Coker, he enjoys going to school which is pretty important.

Posted July 04, 2009
Coker is a fantastic public school. We transfered in from a private school 2 years ago and could not be happier. The teachers and school administration have high values and always go the extra mile. Parent involvement is unbelievable. I would not want to send my kids anywhere else.

Coker Elementary School

Posted January 22, 2009
I have found the teachers in the lower grades to be unprofessional and downright childish. We had and issue with parking and crosswalk safety and the teachers acted like preschoolers. We had our child in private school and switched to public. Big mistake!

Posted March 26, 2008
My child has severe food allergies and the school has been excellent in accomodating him. He loves being there and has not had a single reaction. The teachers and staff that we've worked with are great.

Posted February 04, 2008
The school is wonderful! All the staff are nice and my student has better grades than last year, when he was in a different school. They teach kids perfectly!

Posted September 19, 2006
Excellent all around school. Families have high values and interest in their child's education. Coker is staffed with the highest quality teachers and administrative staff.

Coker Elementary School 4

Posted February 24, 2005
The teachers at Coker have all been encouraging and kind to my son. He has attended this school from 2nd grade through 5th grade. My only complaint is the lack of extracurricular programs and there doesn't seem to be any opportunities for a child with special skills in one area to forge ahead.

Coker Elementary School
302 Heimer Road, San Antonio, TX  78232
Last modified Coker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coker Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top