Bad
Good

It was My first time enrolling a student in Texas. And everyone did their best to help Me get My daughter enrolled with out having to miss any more school. And even after enrollment whether it was Her teacher, or any of the staff I always got the help I needed, at times even when I did not know I needed it. I just really appreciate everything they did last Year. Everyone is truly awesome.

My child is a student at this school. We were very pleased with our kinder teacher, but the 1st grade teacher was "retired on the job". My child had more homework in kinder. The teachers are dedicated, but the school is very disorganized. Took my kid for the first day of school this morning and they prepare like this is the first time they've ever done this. There was no direction, no signs, they had not yet set up signs in the cafeteria for each of the grade levels to wait for their teachers. (really? I could have printed those out in about 5 minutes; they had all last week to prep). The PTA follows the lead of the school administration - very disorganized and therefore very weak. The principal is responsive, but nothing changes. The attitude from the leadership seems to be that this is "good enough". There's no reason that you can't have high expectations for students, even in a middle to low income neighborhood.

El Dorado is a great school! The nurse, teachers and staff are very attentive and caring. One of the 5th grade teachers, Ms. Comer, helps to keep learning fun. The children get to earn play money and use it to purchase items in an auction.

I have two sons attending El Dorado and have been very pleased with teachers and staff. I felt like the principal, Mr. Smith, could have handled a few things better but overall I have been happy. I'm very excited about the renovations and new construction. The school is about to get a huge 'facelift'.

My children have been in this school a year. I am so pleased with all of the staff, including the teachers and principal. Everyone communicates well, my children are treated with respect and listened to.;

I have two kids that attended this school for the past three years from k-2nd grade. First two years where great. Teachers had a good communication with the kids and there parents and Ms. Newman the principal ran a tied ship was wonderful very personable. This school (06-07) year Ms. Newman went to a new school and vice-principal Mr. Smith took her place. Its gone down hill from that. So needless to say I am very disappointed with the school. So I advice any parent who's moving to El Dorado to do their homework on this school.

Last modified El Dorado Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.