El Dorado Elementary School 1

Posted August 27, 2012
My child is a student at this school. We were very pleased with our kinder teacher, but the 1st grade teacher was "retired on the job". My child had more homework in kinder. The teachers are dedicated, but the school is very disorganized. Took my kid for the first day of school this morning and they prepare like this is the first time they've ever done this. There was no direction, no signs, they had not yet set up signs in the cafeteria for each of the grade levels to wait for their teachers. (really? I could have printed those out in about 5 minutes; they had all last week to prep). The PTA follows the lead of the school administration - very disorganized and therefore very weak. The principal is responsive, but nothing changes. The attitude from the leadership seems to be that this is "good enough". There's no reason that you can't have high expectations for students, even in a middle to low income neighborhood.

El Dorado Elementary School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
El Dorado is a great school! The nurse, teachers and staff are very attentive and caring. One of the 5th grade teachers, Ms. Comer, helps to keep learning fun. The children get to earn play money and use it to purchase items in an auction.

Posted July 03, 2008
I have two sons attending El Dorado and have been very pleased with teachers and staff. I felt like the principal, Mr. Smith, could have handled a few things better but overall I have been happy. I'm very excited about the renovations and new construction. The school is about to get a huge 'facelift'.

Posted July 01, 2008

Posted February 07, 2008
My children have been in this school a year. I am so pleased with all of the staff, including the teachers and principal. Everyone communicates well, my children are treated with respect and listened to.;

El Dorado Elementary School 3

Posted May 31, 2007
I have two kids that attended this school for the past three years from k-2nd grade. First two years where great. Teachers had a good communication with the kids and there parents and Ms. Newman the principal ran a tied ship was wonderful very personable. This school (06-07) year Ms. Newman went to a new school and vice-principal Mr. Smith took her place. Its gone down hill from that. So needless to say I am very disappointed with the school. So I advice any parent who's moving to El Dorado to do their homework on this school.

Posted August 01, 2006
This is an excellent school. Teachers keep you posted on your child's progress and any issues that need to be addressed. Great staff. I have 1 child that went there and 1 currently enrolled there, I love this school!

El Dorado Elementary School 4

Posted February 24, 2006
My daughter has gone to El Dorado for three years.She has had wonderful teachers and we have had no problems with any staff members. Parents are encouraged to be involved. The teachers have always communicated and updated me on any issues.

El Dorado Elementary School 4

Posted October 01, 2005
The Principal is outstanding so far. My kids started attending 7 yrs ago and the oldest has now moved on to middle school. He is doing well. The teaching staff seems very good overall.

Posted August 10, 2005
I have had all 4 of my childern attended El Dorado Elementary school. Due to the excellent leadership of the principal, Mrs. Donna Newman, and the hard working teackers K-5, all 4 of my kids went on to be accepted to advanced studies in NASA ( National Aeronautics and Space Agency)School of Applied Technology. Now, my oldest son has moved on to be accepted to the highest rated high school program in the nation, DATA. As for activities, the school has one of the best primary school choirs (Musical Mustangs) in the state. The motto of the school is, Excellence of Self, Community, and Family through Education. I believe this will sum up my feelings on this school. I would be proud to tell any parent that this is the place to go for your childs education.

El Dorado Elementary School
12634 El Sendero Street, San Antonio, TX  78233
Last modified El Dorado Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Dorado Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top