Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Harmony Hills Elementary School 1

Posted January 06, 2016
The staff are very Condesending and have talked Down to us. I think an overall upper level staff replacement is in order. I mean what gives them the right to be rude to parents who's only looking out for what's best for their children.

Harmony Hills Elementary School 4

Posted November 18, 2015
This is my son first year kindergarten they teachers are being very patient my daughter is in third grade she love it there

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted October 26, 2015
The teachers are great. So my child learns more from them however the staff is very rude and I'm glad my daughter has little interaction with them personally

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
The office staff talked down to my partner and I in front of not just our children but many kids. You cannot teach children to belittle or talk down to other people. Especially when we implement respect first and foremost. As a navy vet I hold respect and integrity in very high regard.

Harmony Hills Elementary School 1

Posted October 26, 2015
The staff there (the data clerk especially) are very biased and have made it very difficult to get any help with assisting me and my partner with any information on the bus schedule. The bus transit people said we were within the range to get our daughter dropped off at our house. The website I was given for HH bus route areas said we were within range. I have no working car at the moment but I am trying to get that fixed. I had to change my job to fit both of our children's schedules. Anytime I went there to fill out paper work I was given a different reason as to why my child was not able to ride the bus. (First time we weren't within the area of transit. Second time I had their own website information proving my daughter was eligible to ride the bus and they said we were too close to the school for her to ride the bus. The third time I asked them to work WITH me and to see if we could work this out they informed me they dont make the policys and i understand that but wheb i asked them for a complete layout of the policys they kept repeating they didnt make the policys and avoiding giving me any answer and kept dodging the question. I asked many times is there was anywhere I can go to see the policies and procedures of this particular school and the bus transit or compare the maps of aproved areas to see if there was anyway we could figure this out. I wasn't given any help or any answers and met with MORE attitude and aggression. My daughter is now singled out because we are trying to find ways of making all of our schedules work and we are working on getting her into a different school. The staff likes to stop my partner and I any chance they get to make remarks. I say partner because my wife and I are both women and they make it very clear that we are not welcome there. It's very frustrating and the environment there is very nice and the families we have met are amazing. It's a real shame we all agree that the staff really ruins this schools morale for our children and for us. Many parents as well as 2 of their own staff members have agreed that the office staff is rude and unwilling to actually do their job.

Posted February 08, 2014
Harmony Hills elementary is great. My 1st grader is doing very well here. The Leader In Me program is wonderful.

Posted September 03, 2013
This is an amazing school. The principal has implemented a Leader in Me program that helps promote student led learning. Our son is fully aware of his performance and goals and updates us regularly on his progress. His teachers go above and beyond to make every child feel special and loved. The art integration leaves something to be desired...but overall this school seems to be one of the few that has effectively balanced the desire for great test scores, with the need for enriched, meaningful learning.

Posted February 05, 2013
I have 2 kids attending this school. My son is in 5th grade and is excited about moving on to Ike, however he will greatly miss all teachers and staff that he grew up knowing throughout the years. All his teachers adore him and tell me often how they miss him in their class. I just had a 1st grade teacher tell me tonite that my son was the most respectable boy she has ever met. She said she considers him one of the top leaders of the school. I felt so proud. My daughter is following in those footsteps as well. She is only in 2nd but she has been there since pre-k. I only have had good experiences with staff. Everyone is willing to give that extra hand to help out anyway they can.

Harmony Hills Elementary School 3

Posted October 11, 2012
I am not happy with any of the new protcols that this school has implemented pertaining to the children's drop-off and pick-up procedures. Too many rules in place if you ask me, it makes it more time consuming, causes confusion and parent aggravation.

Harmony Hills Elementary School 3

Posted February 05, 2012
I had been basically OK with this school till a parent posted pics of my daughter and about 6 other students on his personal site without consent/after complaining, the asst princip told me the pics would be coming down, but he just put a password on the file/i think they r letting it slide cuz he's head of the WatchDogs/

10727 Memory Lane, San Antonio, TX  78216
Last modified Harmony Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top