San Antonio, TX

Posted September 03, 2013
This is an amazing school. The principal has implemented a Leader in Me program that helps promote student led learning. Our son is fully aware of his performance and goals and updates us regularly on his progress. His teachers go above and beyond to make every child feel special and loved. The art integration leaves something to be desired...but overall this school seems to be one of the few that has effectively balanced the desire for great test scores, with the need for enriched, meaningful learning.

Posted February 05, 2013
I have 2 kids attending this school. My son is in 5th grade and is excited about moving on to Ike, however he will greatly miss all teachers and staff that he grew up knowing throughout the years. All his teachers adore him and tell me often how they miss him in their class. I just had a 1st grade teacher tell me tonite that my son was the most respectable boy she has ever met. She said she considers him one of the top leaders of the school. I felt so proud. My daughter is following in those footsteps as well. She is only in 2nd but she has been there since pre-k. I only have had good experiences with staff. Everyone is willing to give that extra hand to help out anyway they can.

Harmony Hills Elementary School 3

Posted October 11, 2012
I am not happy with any of the new protcols that this school has implemented pertaining to the children's drop-off and pick-up procedures. Too many rules in place if you ask me, it makes it more time consuming, causes confusion and parent aggravation.

Harmony Hills Elementary School 3

Posted February 05, 2012
I had been basically OK with this school till a parent posted pics of my daughter and about 6 other students on his personal site without consent/after complaining, the asst princip told me the pics would be coming down, but he just put a password on the file/i think they r letting it slide cuz he's head of the WatchDogs/

Posted July 13, 2011
My husband & I have lived in Harmony Hills 13 yrs & have sent all 3 children to Harmony Hills. Our oldest graduated from Churchill & he had the most learning challenges that Harmony Hills acknowledged with wonderful support. Our middle child now attends Eisenhower is NJHS, 4.0 grade average & in honors band which all stemmed from the Excellent teachers he enjoyed having at Harmony Hills which always ask about him when we are seen on campus picking up our youngest. Our youngest is enjoying school so much he gets perfect attendance & even on sick days refuses to miss school. He has been awarded every report card A/B Honor Roll. I give all the credit where it is due. The teachers! He also had a reading disability & the staff worked hard with him to challenge him & not give up with lots of positive encouragement. Through it all he developed a love for reading. We've chosen to keep our children in the same school district just so all our kids could go to Harmony Hills cause it's the younger yrs of their education that matters on how it all begins. Its not just the teachers, the whole staff, principle & the PTA is great! Be involved in your kids, meet deadlines lead by example.

Harmony Hills Elementary School 2

Posted December 09, 2010
From day one I have had issues with this school, within 2 months of enrollment, they lost my youngest daughters enrollment records, and we had to resend all of her immunization and birth records. My oldest daughter joined choir, and I had to pay $16 for a shirt, on their first choir performence, she was going to be excluded for not wearing black shoes, and was told not to show up for her second performance at the school that night, if she was not wearing them. My oldest daughter also got a write-up for pushing on the bus, but when my youngest was pushed on the bus, the busdriver claimed they did not see it, I watched it happen. My oldest was not allowed to go on a third choir trip, because she did not have thier signed permission slip, even though she had a signed note from myself saying she had permission. We will be pulling our kids out of this school in the very near future!

Posted October 23, 2009
Harmony Hills is an excellent school. My son has been going there going on four years now. He is in the fourth grade. My son loves this school. Harmony Hills has wonderful teachers ,staff, and principals. Every years my son has learned something new everyday going to this school. He was remremended for Gift and Talented. He Has a 6th grade reding level and only in 4th grade. As a parent this school is rated best in San Antonio. I would diffently recommened to parents who want to know a excellent school for ther children take them to Harmony Hills.

Posted July 26, 2008
My son was in the PPCD class here and I am happy to say that his teachers were most attentive to his needs. He has come a long way since his first day of school here. His older sister is attending here also. She to loved her classmates and teacher. We are looking forward to a new school year

Posted July 16, 2008
I have a 1st grader who goes to this school and a soon to be pre-k and this is a great school.The teachers a great the staff is nice and kind and my son has done very well in this school

Posted July 01, 2008

Harmony Hills Elementary School
10727 Memory Lane, San Antonio, TX  78216
Last modified Harmony Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harmony Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top