Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have seen passion, integrity, support, kindness, helpfulness, motivators, brainstorming, creative thought, and incredibly intelligent teachers.

Amount of homework: Agree

They are very fair with homework and do not overwhelm the families. Our teacher even let us take a different approach with homework.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They really do try to help you in every way they can. The principal is like a Guardian with pick-up and drop-off. He doesn't just sit behind the desk. Principal Miller is just wonderful.

Very good school and would encourage people moving to San Antonio to consider this area.

This school was an average experience for my son. We moved here from an exemplary school in Austin and was told that this school was one of the best. Our child's academics were OK, especially if you consider the population of the school. There are some smart and very active learners in this school's community. My son had a lot of homework that was given that he needed help completing. It felt like I was in school all over, instead of my child.

We are moving out soon to Washington DC, and I wish I could take this school along. It is outstanding in all areas. The children and parents are very lucky to have this school, which is a model for all others.

I am a community member and appreciate this school in our area. There is strong administrative leadership and support for the teaching staff. The parents in our community are proud and support this school. They have been rated exemplary this year as well as other years by Texas guidelines. They have earned the Blue Ribbon Award nationally and ranked as one of the top five schools in Bexar County. Students are well prepared when they enter the secondary schools in academics as well as leadership. Staff is excellent. Thumbs up for Hidden Forest!

I've had kids at HF for 9 years. Tons of parent involvement, excellent staff. Close-knit and established neighborhoods, so there is low turnover of children in the school. My kids and I have made friends for life here. :)

All of my child's teachers K-5 were excellent! It has a very strong PTA. Parents are very involved in what goes on there. The neighborhood is a safe, wonderful place to live. I highly recommend it for a public school. Kids are well prepared for middle school.

We've had 3 kids attend Hidden Forest Elementary and it was great. The teachers, administrators, support staff were super. There is an extremely high level of parental involvement which the staff respond to. The GT program was excellent. As a public elementary in Texas, it can't be beat!!

Last modified Hidden Forest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.