Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

I haven't seen bullying at this school from my 3years attending. I have heard story's, but the teachers do something about bullying and make sure the bully's go to the office and get in some kind of trouble.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I strongly agree because we make sure they are as happy as we are.

Effective school leaders: Agree

I agree with this because 6th graders look up to us and I honestly think we are good role models. As the new generation is coming, I feel as if we might loose what makes us great.

Develops character: Agree

They try their best to build our character, but some teens just have a personality that can't be changed

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They care about our education and make sure we always have good grades in their class

We had a pretty rough experience at this school. The district is huge and the average student seemed to suffer from a complete lack of parenting. To hear the students tell it, there was rampant sexual activity (and if not, they certainly liked to lie about it - in detail), extreme use of profanity, and a general disrespect for authority. While we did encounter several seemingly good teachers, many had a tenuous hold on their classrooms and if there was a substitute teacher, forget it. The place became a lawless zoo. More than one substitute abdicated full responsibility for the entire class to my child for appearing to be the most stable, articulate, and intelligent, which made her a target for the rest of the students (of course). Completely inappropriate behavior on the part of the student body as well as certain members of the staff abounded, to the extent that we are leaving the house we love for (we hope) greener pastures after only one year. As far as we are concerned, both the educational and the social experience we encountered at Jackson Middle School was completely unacceptable.

My 7th grade son loves this school. Much of this has to do with the excellent band program that builds character, self-esteem and community. As a parent, I would have to say that I have not known a group of teachers who are as dedicated and passionate about what they do at any other schools my children have attended in the city. Jackson is a hidden gem in our neighborhood. Spread the word.

I love working at this school. Many of the students are respectful and helpful. The staff is also wonderful!

Jackson Middle School provides and excellent education for its students because the teachers are top notch and care. There is a strong parent community. My child loves being there and being involved. When we lived in Dallas, my older child attended an exclusive private school where the classes were made up of 16 students and the report cards were 5-7 pages long with each teacher writing a half a page on my child, but the tuition was $18,000/yr. Minus the facilities such as indoor pool, beautiful grounds, etc., the education at JMS is comparable. There is a mix of students, but this allows for exposure to diverse backgrounds which is important for a well rounded education and which was part of the mission statement ("a diverse community of learners") of the private school with which I have experience. I am very satisfied with my child's experience at JMS.

Jackson is great. I am a all A's one B student and the teachers are very excellent and want students to succeed and I had a great experience. I never got in trouble with any teachers and they are nice. I'm in Chess Club and it's a great club and I'm recommending this school to anyone in the north east district. It's a great school and I'm glad that I'm a student at Jackson MIddle School.

Last modified Jackson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.