Posted October 28, 2014
My 7th grade son loves this school. Much of this has to do with the excellent band program that builds character, self-esteem and community. As a parent, I would have to say that I have not known a group of teachers who are as dedicated and passionate about what they do at any other schools my children have attended in the city. Jackson is a hidden gem in our neighborhood. Spread the word.

Posted March 27, 2014
I love working at this school. Many of the students are respectful and helpful. The staff is also wonderful!

Posted May 12, 2013
Jackson Middle School provides and excellent education for its students because the teachers are top notch and care. There is a strong parent community. My child loves being there and being involved. When we lived in Dallas, my older child attended an exclusive private school where the classes were made up of 16 students and the report cards were 5-7 pages long with each teacher writing a half a page on my child, but the tuition was $18,000/yr. Minus the facilities such as indoor pool, beautiful grounds, etc., the education at JMS is comparable. There is a mix of students, but this allows for exposure to diverse backgrounds which is important for a well rounded education and which was part of the mission statement ("a diverse community of learners") of the private school with which I have experience. I am very satisfied with my child's experience at JMS.

Posted March 03, 2013
Jackson is great. I am a all A's one B student and the teachers are very excellent and want students to succeed and I had a great experience. I never got in trouble with any teachers and they are nice. I'm in Chess Club and it's a great club and I'm recommending this school to anyone in the north east district. It's a great school and I'm glad that I'm a student at Jackson MIddle School.

Posted March 06, 2011
Jackson Middle School has provided an excellent learning environment for my 3 kids. The administration and teachers are very involved with the kids academically and personally. Their concern for all kids is second to none. Insure that your child participates in the band, it's an extraordinary program! Uniforms are a plus. Get involved with your kids, their teachers and staff at Jackson! You'll become a more satisfied parent.

Posted August 31, 2010
To the parent who said this school is terrible...I have to disagree! My THIRD daughter is now going through Jackson and none of them have had any hositle experiences. They have ALL been involved in band, sports and a variety of different clubs. I'm not sure what your child experienced or with who but I can tell you that during the years when I have emailed, called or asked for an appointment for ANY reason, the staff at Jackson have made time for me and my children (under both the OLD and NEW administration). I even spent an entire day with one of my children at Jackson when she felt socializing was more important than school work. No, Jackson is not the fanciest school in the NEISD but our kids are cared for and learn more than the basics (GT and PRE AP).

Posted October 18, 2009
I am very pleased with Jackson Middle School my daughter had an great experience . They are so active in the community! The teachers there are outstanding. I so far have had no worries about my daughter going there. No complaints either about this school.

Posted March 30, 2009

Jackson Middle School 3

Posted March 25, 2009
Jackson Middle school had a parents week activity. I can counted with my fingers how many parents and grandparents got involved. Sometimes is not the school teachers, but the parents. I will change my son out of Jackson next school year, because I don't like the bad influence. Sad to said is not the teachers, but the parents.

Posted February 21, 2009
Jackson is the best middle school i have ever seen! we have had so many good teachers and still continue their legacy! We even help the poor children in Africa! now you can't say we are a bad school, like one of the parents said 'we don't have the nicest facilities' but you know what, i have learned so much more than i would have at Saint Matthews, which was my original school before moving to Oak Meadow Elementary, because Saint Matthews was too uptight and they made us go to church twice a week! That made me loose interest in the curriculum. So over all, i love Jackson and its teachers (Especially Mr. Westermann, who sadly retired this year) But then again everybody loved him! so for all you parents thinking of not enrolling your kids in my school because you think it's 'bad'... your wrong. Thank you

Jackson Middle School
4538 Vance Jackson Road, San Antonio, TX  78230
Last modified Jackson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top