San Antonio, TX

Posted January 10, 2014
Im a stu @ Mac and i Like the school i have behaver class THAY are really care 2 I have Heath they go though the stu levels and bio they help the best the could they are really caring about evereybody

Macarthur High School 3

Posted October 26, 2013
I am currently a freshmen at Mac and I personally would much rather go to Churchill. First of all, there is a lot of drugs, such as cannibis and pills. The student are ok, you just have to find who you belong with. There is some bullying going On. Administration seems to not like to help. And the cops there have a bad way of "prioritizing" . The fine arts teacher is not very nice with to me. I have no idea because I am crazy about fine arts. If your thinking about going to this school I would much rather do school of choice to a different school.

Posted February 27, 2011
MAC has given my son a great foundation for his future. Their ROTC program is first-rate, and his academics have never been better.

Posted February 27, 2011

Posted December 21, 2010
Dr Turnbo and the rest of the staff and teachers have established a culture of excellence at Mac that is beyond compare.

Posted August 09, 2010
Great school that gave initial knowledge to become a Corporate Investement Banker at HSBC in Mexico and Brazil

Macarthur High School 2

Posted January 15, 2009

Macarthur High School 0

Posted September 26, 2008
I moved to San Antonio from the East Coast. My child is a senior. I want to give kudos to her guidance counselor, Mrs. Midgett. She is the best of the best. She has made a very smooth transition for my child. We had difficulty getting transcripts and she stayed on top of the previous school in obtaining them. She does what you call 'advising.' I have never seen a guidance counselor perform her job to the best of her abilities like Mrs. Midgett. I was extremely nervous about my child moving here in her junior year. Mrs. Midgett you are the best. Thank you so much for allowing my child to have two successful final years at MAC.

Macarthur High School 0

Posted August 01, 2008
All other NE high schools have a much stronger magnet program than does Mac. Parent participation along with administrative support is dismal and will hopefully improve. That being said, Mac is out-standing in all other areas.

Macarthur High School 2

Posted June 16, 2008
Wow, I'm completely surprised by everyone's review. I graduate in 05' and just completed my Junior year of college. Overall I would say that Mac was decent at best. My biggest concern with Mac would be the communication between the administration and the students and the quality of education. Yes, the campus is nice but let's be honest. I took every AP course there and when I came to college I felt like I knew absolutely nothing and was highly under prepared. And dont' worry I had a 3.77 gps so I was no slacker. If you want your kid to have 'fun', in which ever way to choose to define that then Mac is the way to go. If you're looking for quality and a place for your child to grow academically and personally then go somewhere else.

Macarthur High School
2923 MacArthur View, San Antonio, TX  78217
Last modified Macarthur High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Macarthur High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top