San Antonio, TX

Madison High School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
Madison high school is one of the best schools in the NEISD. I am glad my child is attending the school. There's great parent involvement.

Posted November 23, 2012
My daughter graduated from Madison in 2006 and my son is now a junior. I have experienced Madison from the perspective of a parent of a special ed student (my daughter) and a student in advanced and AP courses (my son). I have to say that I am impressed with the education my daughter received and my son is receiving. The special ed teachers were supportive of our daughter and communicated well with us and the Pre-Ap and AP teachers have challenged my son and encourage learning. The administration seem to be on top of things and the campus is a safe environment for the kids. Another reviewer has mentioned the focus on football, but I think this is true for most Texas high schools and I feel that at Madison, education is also greatly emphasized. There are also other many extracurricular activities that are offered which appeal to kids of all levels and talents. (My daughter was in culinary arts and my son was in the band for his freshman and sophomore years.) Overall, I believe Madison has a great atmosphere for learning anfd also strives to foster students interests and talents.

Posted July 17, 2012
We moved from out of state and I love this school. My daughter started the ninth grade and Madison had all the programs and activities she wanted to do. We are happy we choose Madison.

Madison High School 1

Posted July 16, 2012
I hated this school when I attend there it was awful students around you ignore , the teachers were okay I don't know about the principal I never met him I want to be in a environment where I am accepted for who I am Madison just ain't it.

Madison High School 3

Posted June 25, 2011
As a student who hosted a show critiquing the everyday workings of the school, I can tell you that this school has its moments at both the positive and negative spectrums . The teachers are phenomenal, that is 4 out of 5 of them are. There is that 1 out of 5, however, that are completely abysmal. The main problem with this school, though, is the administration that is out of touch with the education experience and is likely to cut the extra-curriculum program your child loves most and feels at home with provided that program isn't football. I'm not saying this due to resentment, but as a simple truth. Also, the quality of students has diminished over the years as students have become more rambunctious and have brought down the curve for education. If you're child tends to be at the top of his/her class this may be a problem. If you're child tends to be a troubled one, make sure (s)he is deeply involved in a good afterschool program as tempting hoodlum activity can occur across the street at the delinquents' haven Taco Express.

Madison High School 1

Posted May 20, 2010
My daughter attend this program called AMP and she was doing so bad because teachers would not help her and the children are a disappointment. But now she attends TR in a program called ETA which is a huge and better improvement.

Posted January 26, 2010
My daughter is in her 9th grade year here at Madison and I am so happy we got her into this school. The teachers are wonderful and are willing to help the students in any way. The security is very good and I have met allot of great people here at the school. I have 3 children that will also be attending Madison and I am excited for them. GO MAVS!!

Posted January 17, 2010
My son currently attends Madison and I could not ask for more. Madison has excellent teachers that take a vested interest in the children and the J.R.O.T.C. program is second to none! Responsible parents that take an active role in the education and discipline of their children make this school safe and academically appealing. Madison turns out responsible, hard-working, and productive members of society. We are one big family that takes great pride in all we do! Go Mavericks!!!!

Madison High School 0

Posted October 14, 2009
Top notch academics, dedicated teachers, spirited student-body, responsible parents, competitive athletics, and a family atmosphere and warmth as soon as you walk in the door. Best school in SA, hands-down!

Posted March 10, 2009
i love madison. i have excelled in academics and sports. the adminstrative staff along with the teachers truly want the best for the students. it's amazing the bonds i have with my teachersa and principals.

Madison High School
5005 Stahl Road, San Antonio, TX  78247
Last modified Madison High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top