Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

Not familiar with any anti bullying policy

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My daughter has special accommodations and the counseling staff is always kind and helpful when I have questions or concerns.

Effective school leaders: Agree

It is large school but I have found that the administration is willing listen to my concerns.

Develops character: Agree

I have witnessed teachers giving advice to my children on how to handle difficult situations appropriately.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have so many different teachers who are willing to stay late or come early to help students succeed.

Amount of homework: Agree

They give enough to ensure content mastery .

I have two children who have attended Madison. My son graduated in 2010 and my daughter is currently a sophomore. I feel that the faculty and staff are dedicated and professional. My daughter has special accommodations and my son was an AP student; both have benefited from the wonderful administrators, counselors and teachers at Madison.

The school as a whole doesn't advocate for kids. Teachers aren't invested in student success and as a result many are left to fall through the cracks. The principal, Debra Acevedo-Torres, is a poor leader and very unprofessional, particularly with the staff. Most recently she was seen at a bar with a married coach engaging in inappropriate behavior. She clearly hasn't any respect for others and expresses no remorse for her immorality. Students deserve the kind of leadership that they can respect and learn from.

Madison high school is one of the best schools in the NEISD. I am glad my child is attending the school. There's great parent involvement.

My daughter graduated from Madison in 2006 and my son is now a junior. I have experienced Madison from the perspective of a parent of a special ed student (my daughter) and a student in advanced and AP courses (my son). I have to say that I am impressed with the education my daughter received and my son is receiving. The special ed teachers were supportive of our daughter and communicated well with us and the Pre-Ap and AP teachers have challenged my son and encourage learning. The administration seem to be on top of things and the campus is a safe environment for the kids. Another reviewer has mentioned the focus on football, but I think this is true for most Texas high schools and I feel that at Madison, education is also greatly emphasized. There are also other many extracurricular activities that are offered which appeal to kids of all levels and talents. (My daughter was in culinary arts and my son was in the band for his freshman and sophomore years.) Overall, I believe Madison has a great atmosphere for learning anfd also strives to foster students interests and talents.

Last modified Madison High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.