Bad
Good

Posted November 06, 2012
The staff is great, it just seems there are a lot of kids there that dont speak english and the broken engish seems to be comming home with my childeren. The parents are not involved at all and it shows with the kids attitude. This school also borders a run down duplex complex that is concerning to my family. The teachers are helpful and thats great. This school is in a bad area and getting worse.

Posted February 12, 2011
The Administration at this school is terrible. The Principle is almost invisible, the V.P. is just walking around with her coffee in hand all the time not really doing much of anything. My child has been acting out at home because of the other kids behaviors all around. Children are getting physically hurt a & not enough is being done to stop it.

Posted September 11, 2010
I didn't want my child to go to this school at all. However we could no longer afford Tuition at a Private School as we had been.. He was at this school for 4 yrs and I new it would be hard for him to adapt to a public school, especially this one. The area within the school boundaries has declined in a bad way. My child had problems with a couple of kids being bullies, at the age of 5. I spoke with the appropriate people I needed to about the situation. Things are getting a little better, but I worry everyday I take my child to school. The children at this school are the products of what their parents are or what they have neglected to teach their children....respect, kindness, manners & good hygiene. I was very involved in the previous school. Very few parents care enough to volunteer.

Olmos Elementary School 4

Posted July 22, 2008
Overall, my daughter and son had a good experience at Olmos. For the most part the teachers are very good. However, each of my children had very bad experiences with one teacher each (not the same one). Matters improved with a new principal.

Olmos Elementary School

Posted May 25, 2008
This is the best place I have ever worked. The teachers and admistration really care about the kids and each other. They go out of ther way to make sure everyone is safe and learning.

Olmos Elementary School 4

Posted April 02, 2005
I am a teacher and parent at Olmos. I am proud to say, that this is a good school. Teachers really care about their students and the administration has high expectations of the children and teachers. We have a bell choir and student council. Super job! The parent involvement is low. There are many attempts by the school, at bringing the parents in, just not many get involved!

Olmos Elementary School
1103 Allena Drive, San Antonio, TX  78213
Last modified Olmos Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.