Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Wilshire is a great school, my daughter has been there for two years and I refuse to move her out of such an awesome school. The teachers are amazing, the staff in the office is very helpful and the coach and nurses are just incredible. I know the cafeteria crew go out of their way to help the students get exactly what they would prefer to eat.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They are all about rules, leadership, action, listening and participation. They give out extra special awards every 9 weeks for students that excelled in these areas.

Everyone there is helpful and all about the kids. Mrs. Garcia, Mrs. Allen, I know everyone there and when we go to school for assemblies etc, my 4 year old runs and hugs Mrs. Garcia. It's a great feeling.

I took my child out of George Gervin Academy because they were disrespectful to both the children and parents. My lil on has been at Wilshire for 2 years now and she has learned so much. The teachers and Administation go over and beyond for the children and Parents. It was a refreshing change from my experience at George Gervin Academy.

My child went to school here for 3 years, we kept hoping for improvements in the school. They told me my child was "ahead of the curve" and was doing great on "benchmarks" but was behind her cousin who was in a different school. They focus on the kids who are behind so much that the rest of them get behind. What is the point to provide a lesson plan if it's not followed or taught? They send papers for you to sign and review past due date and rarely send home school work. I know schools have tablets and introduce technology into their lessons, but my child would show me the websites they go to and they are anything but educational. We finally moved so my daughter could go to a better school.

We are stationed in San Antonio for three years, rented a house near WIlshire, our child attended first grade, one year. After that, we placed our child in a nearby Catholic school on Harry Wurzbach for second grade. I regret that the military spends funds on supporting this school for its military connected students. The school is full of bullies and marginalized students, even in first grade. And this is sad. Inexperienced teachers, not innovative compared to other schools. If you want your child to grow up to be a bully, send him-her to Wilshire.

My son attended WIlshire K-5 and we had a good experience there. All of his teachers were outstanding and all took care to attend to each children's special needs. The administration was caring and helpful.

Pretty good school. Some problems with admin knowing about own programs or registrations but over all ok!

Last modified Wilshire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.