Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Wilshire Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 26, 2015
Ms Hammons is a wonderful 1st grade teacher. My child likes school for the first time. I am very thankful for teachers like her.

Wilshire Elementary School 5

Posted September 26, 2015
I took my child out of George Gervin Academy because they were disrespectful to both the children and parents. My lil on has been at Wilshire for 2 years now and she has learned so much. The teachers and Administation go over and beyond for the children and Parents. It was a refreshing change from my experience at George Gervin Academy.

Wilshire Elementary School 2

Posted April 05, 2014
My child went to school here for 3 years, we kept hoping for improvements in the school. They told me my child was "ahead of the curve" and was doing great on "benchmarks" but was behind her cousin who was in a different school. They focus on the kids who are behind so much that the rest of them get behind. What is the point to provide a lesson plan if it's not followed or taught? They send papers for you to sign and review past due date and rarely send home school work. I know schools have tablets and introduce technology into their lessons, but my child would show me the websites they go to and they are anything but educational. We finally moved so my daughter could go to a better school.

Wilshire Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2013
We are stationed in San Antonio for three years, rented a house near WIlshire, our child attended first grade, one year. After that, we placed our child in a nearby Catholic school on Harry Wurzbach for second grade. I regret that the military spends funds on supporting this school for its military connected students. The school is full of bullies and marginalized students, even in first grade. And this is sad. Inexperienced teachers, not innovative compared to other schools. If you want your child to grow up to be a bully, send him-her to Wilshire.

Wilshire Elementary School 5

Posted January 16, 2010
My son attended WIlshire K-5 and we had a good experience there. All of his teachers were outstanding and all took care to attend to each children's special needs. The administration was caring and helpful.

Wilshire Elementary School 4

Posted April 11, 2007
Pretty good school. Some problems with admin knowing about own programs or registrations but over all ok!

Wilshire Elementary School 4

Posted July 04, 2005
My daughter attended this school for PreK and LOVED it. She had a lot of fun and learned so much. The teachers were great and always willing to help or answer questions. Great Texas School!!

Wilshire Elementary School
6523 Cascade Place, San Antonio, TX  78218
Last modified Wilshire Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.