Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Apparently it is a district policy for SECOND GRADE students to have homework EVERY DAY. This is ridiculous!!!

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Everyone's answer is "all of the teachers in this grade do the same thing". That doesn't make it right. And IF if is a district-wide policy it needs to be changed.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

No matter what our concerns are for the overloading on homework - they don't care! They just keep handing it out.

All teachers and staff are very respectful and sincerely take the time to get to know the kids and parents. They are very appreciative of parental support. We have 2 children who are in their 2nd and 3rd year of attendance at Stahl. Any problems we have encountered over the years have been dealt with swiftly and handled to our satisfaction. This school has a great environment, very positive and definitely kid and parent friendly. The Stahl "Family" is a great family to belong to. Join us!

This is my child's first year here at Stahl. So far it has been great. He has a wonderful 2nd grade teacher along with the teaching assistant. This school seems to have it together. The atmosphere is welcoming and encourage to my child.

Amount of homework: Agree

My second grader gets a homework pack on Monday and he has till Friday to complete it. It's not overwhelming work. It helps my child how to manage his time and turn things in on time.

This is the worst school that I have ever been too. It took me several times to reach out to the vice principal just so the teacher could help my daughter and not just ignore Her when she needed the help . I would recommend you go anywhere else . Not to mention they lost a kid and the kid wonder into a near by neighborhood. How in the world does that happen ? Worst school I have ever felt with hands down

My daughter goes to Stahl and I have to say it is a wonderful school. She had a great teacher last year but the reading facilitator, Mrs. Strauss was a joke. She was very rude and crude to my daughter and did not care about her students. Do not let your child get tutored by this teacher. HORRIBLE!

Stahl is a diverse and open campus. It takes pride in its bilingual program and the new dual language kindergarten. Students are encouraged to treat each person with respect through the campus wide use of 'I Care Rules' and an anti-bullying intiative now in its third year on campus. Parents are always present as volunteers as well as involvement in the PTA. Many programs throughout the school year bring families and staff together. A dedicated staff work hard and stay late to make sure that the needs of all students are met.

We moved from Maine prior to my daughter starting Kindergarten. We have two older children and the quality difference between kindergartens in Maine and the same grade here are astonishing. My daughter is reading books I wasn't even able to attempt until 2nd grade. Ms. Stallings is doing an incredible job with her class. We had a few hiccups with the bus garage and temporary bus drivers, but the usual route drivers are involved with the kids and treat them like their own children. I'm very happy thus far.

Last modified Stahl Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.