Stone Oak Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 633 students

Living in San Antonio

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $241,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,130.

Posted October 21, 2013

Excellent elementary school focusing on leadership qualities in addition to academics. Great access to staff, teachers, and administration. Student focused activities, projects, and philanthropic opportunities.

Posted October 21, 2013

Stone Oak Elementary is a great school for my son. The school staffs very consistent when I needed help. My son have learned and improved a lot within a year. We moved from Southern California, I was amazed and very happy that my son is attending at Stone Oak Elementary. I am hoping that the school could be keeping forever so that other younger kids gave a chance to attend a great school like Stone Oak Elementary.

Posted October 20, 2013

The school is great! The staff is caring, warm and professional. They care for each student and practice daily "the leader i me". The principle, Mrs Ray, is very involved and has a wonderful dialogue with the children.

Posted October 20, 2013

Great school! So happy with the staff, school, and principal. We moved to San Antonio this summer and looked for the area with the best school ratings and we are extremely satisfied with our choice. Stone oak elementary has met and exceeded our expectations.

Posted October 20, 2013

The Principal has the best personality to do her job. She is a leader, carismatic and is always involved with EVERYTHING. Since the morning smiling greeting to every student, to the personal calls that she does to motivated the kids. The result is: great teachers, great enviroment and great students.

Posted October 19, 2013

We absolutely love Stone Oak! We recently moved to San Antonio and, even though we were homeschooling where we lived before, decided to put the kids in public school for the first time. Our experience has been nothing but awesome. The teachers and staff are all so friendly and truly care about the kids and want them all to be the best they can possibly be. My 7 year old's second grade teacher (Mrs. Weidenbach) is amazing, really seems to understand kids, and is absolutely perfect for my son. My kindergartener can be a bit of trouble, but his teacher (Mrs. Dunn) is great with him. I am so glad we happened to move into a neighborhood zoned for Stone Oak Elementary. My boys are so proud to be Bobcats!

Posted October 19, 2013

My children are both thriving at Stone Oak Elementary. The teachers are very caring and do a wonderful job inspiring their students. The administration could not be more warm and friendly. The leadership principles that are being instilled in the children will help them succeed in the future.

Posted October 19, 2013

Simply Wonderful; the staff is the epitome of professionalism, they go above and beyond to fulfill their roll as pedagogues. You always feel welcome and appreciated at Stone Oak Elementary. This school is full of possibilities, for students, volunteers, and staff. Keep growing!

Posted October 18, 2013

I love this school, they really know how to make you feel at home. The principal and the teachers are awesome and the program of leadership is great. And miss Dunn has made a perfect job with my daughter. We feel so bless to be in here. Thanks for everything.

Posted October 18, 2013

Stone Oak is simply fantastic. We relocated to San Antonio in 2012 and were very worried about schools. We did our research and narrowed our home search to areas with top schools and ended up with Stone Oak. We could not be happier. The teachers are fantastic, the support staff, librarian, physical education, and administration is unmatched. Mrs. Ray (the principal) is phenomenal. She truly cares about her students, amazingly seems to know all of their names and makes an effort to connect with the parents as well. This is a top notch school from top to bottom.

Posted October 18, 2013

Stone Oak Elementary is the best school in the NEI School District. SOE is a Covey Lighthouse Leadership school, and exemplary school with great, kind and caring teachers; excellent and professional administrators and a very committed PTA. Principal and staff are always finding ways to motivate students not only on educational topics but also in leadership programs and issues.

Posted October 18, 2013

We are so happy to be at Stone Oak. We recently moved from Austin and chose Stone Oak for it's Exemplary rating and Leader in Me program. I appreciate the focus on leadership, responsibility and being proactive, in addition to other life habits, that can only help in raising well rounded children. The faculty have long tenures which translates to "happy to be there". Students have use of iPads and Smart boards are in every class. The library is excellent. There is a lot of school pride and being involved and in touch with teachers and staff definitely makes a difference. There are plenty of smiles from everyone I've encountered and the "Have a nice day" from the student Safety Patrol that help the kids unload from the car line in the morning is a nice touch! My sons are happy to be Bobcats!

Posted October 18, 2013

Stone Oak Elementary creates a warm and loving environment for all students! My two children love going to school each day and their teachers are awesome. We have been very happy with their academic progress.

Posted October 18, 2013

I have been at this school with all my 4 older children, every year has been wonderful, and we started in 2005. So that's 9 years an it's only gotten better. The staff is like family and the principal is fantastic. It is a learning environment and my kids love it. Very smart teachers and very compassionate with every child! Love me some Stone Oak Elementary!!

Posted September 23, 2013

This school is amazing. They were recently recognized as a Covey, Leader in Me, Lighthouse school. It is 50th to earn this title in the world. The teachers, principal, counselors really put their hearts into what they do at this school. So glad I have had children go through this school. They are now in high school but still keep up with the remarkable school.

Posted September 8, 2013

My family loves this school! Everyone from principal to the cafeteria ladies are wonderful. My oldest children had great teachers and a fantastic learning environment. My youngest had to attend a new 21st century school due to or address. After one year I used school choice to have her attend Stone Oak. We as a family are very happy with our decision.

Posted April 18, 2013

I LOVE this school. We relocated from California. Our daughter hated school in California. We were so lucky to get Connie Shepherd, who is just the best kindergarten teacher! She has brought out a love of learning in our daughter that I didn't think was possible. When we registered (in the middle of the year) we were introduced to the Principal, Ms. Ray, and given a tour of the school. I cannot say enough positive things about Stone Oak. The education is top notch and the staff from the crossing guard to the principal are just a real pleasure.

Posted April 9, 2013

We love this school. We moved here from England three months ago. We were understandably nervous about how our two children ( grade 1 and 3) would adjust. They love the school and the teachers and have settled in brilliantly. We are extremely happy with the education our grade 3 daughter is receiving - she has continued to make good progress at this school and loves her lessons. Our son loves his lessons and his teacher ( as do we - she is lovely) - however, the math work is so easy it is ridiculous. My son is bright and he is not being catered for yet academically. We wanted to let him settle in first before we tackled the school about it. I also found it very wierd that we have never met or been introduced to the principal of the school. I was a teacher in England and I know there is absolutely no way a new family would join a school without meeting and being welcomed by the principal of the school - maybe it is just different over here. The principal however does seem very nice at the parent meetings we have attended and I feel that the school is very well run. I would definitely recommend this school our experience has been very positive so far.

Posted January 26, 2013

I LOVED this school with my oldest child, and then my youngest went to Kindergarten there and had Ms. Boyett. She is a horrible teacher and made it clear to me she had no patience for my child who has ADHD. His pre-k teacher was very kind and patient with him but not Ms. Boyett. She was horrible to communicate with, openly displayed her frustration towards a child, and just needs to retire. This has been the worst year ever because of her and my son has learned nothing because she was not willing to reach out and try new ways of teaching aimed at a kid with ADHD. They have a very different way of learning and are visual learners. I have been trying to teach him what she can't. We are moving just to get away from her!!!! If your kids are in Ms Boyett's class beware!

Posted June 20, 2012

Hurray for Mrs. Shepherd!!! She is the best teacher any of my kids had ever had. She was warm, loving, patient and caring. Mrs. Shepherd taught my son (Kofi) how to develop passion for his reading and encouraged him positively in every aspect. We are indeed going to miss her a lot but we will send lots of pictures and cards to remind her about what a great contribution she made in my son's life. Kofi knows he is smart because Mrs. Shepherd told him every single time. Our one year at Stone Oak was very worth it. We are relocating to NC and we hope to find a school as warm as Stone Oak Elementary. Such an excellent school Stone Oak is. Congrats Mrs. Ray!!!

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

128 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

129 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

140 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

138 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

137 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

153 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

154 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

153 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Hispanic98%

Special education86%
Proficient in English96%
Non-migrant97%

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

104 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

125 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

123 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

124 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

129 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

125 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

126 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students96%

Limited English proficient (LEP)63%
Proficient in English93%
Non-Gifted90%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Exemplary".

Asian or Pacific Islander 7% 4%

Teacher experience

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 4%N/AN/A
Source: CRDC, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

21045 Crescent Oaks