Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Stone Oak Elementary School 2

Posted October 11, 2015
I have noticed many of the reviews are old on this school and under a different leader, my review is from 2015. The school is very "busy" but find very little interaction or wish for interaction on the part of the admin staff all the way from the receptionist to the principal. Find the teachers dismissive as well. Very little concern for the welfare of the children, more for the appearance of what the staff believe a school should represent. They are a lighthouse school however never really have been told what that meant until I looked it up myself and do not feel it had much bearing on any school but rather a status symbol of some sort. The school is very quick to remind of you of this one fact alone and not much else. The school is also very closed and you are only allowed to visit the children in class at pre arranged times. I have also seen my children have a difficult time in this school where they never have before, ever. I was so very excited about my children going to this school and one of the reasons I moved to this area of San Antonio, now, unfortunately, I am looking at private schools or another move altogether. Very disappointed and really wish more of an effort was made to include parents and have a welcoming environment rather than a " you are bothering me, what do you want" approach that is every time I come in to to the building. My children have even stated they feel like strangers at this school. I have twice left messages for the principal to ask questions and have never received a phone call. I believe that all organizations are a reflection of the management and as a result I believe the school is run with only status in mind and a very real lack of concern for anything but test scores and little else. Again, we were all excited about this school and have been shocked at the taste it has left in our mouths, such a shame.

Stone Oak Elementary School 2

Posted April 30, 2014
Initial fondness of the school is fading, fast. Last year was our first year with a student here. She had a great teacher, one who didn't let kids slide on their work, was engaged, organized, and interested in the students. Thsi year we've had many problems with her teacher. She lets kids slid eon getting their work done - teaching them it is ok to not do their work and do it on time. This is a terrible lesson to children getting close to middle school. Her disorganization and lack of interest in teaching the kids is reprehensible. Of course, not all teachers are great. At this point in my.daughter's school career she needs to get back to having at least a *good* teacher. We've made attempts to find out what next year's teachers are like to see if we need to pull her out of the school to get her ready for middle school and prevent another year of sub-par standards. Unfortunately, the principal here is entirely uninterested in helping her or us. A good measure of a principal isn't how he or she handles things when all is smooth, but how he or she handles things that are less than "you're great!". At this point, this principal is failing miserably on this front.

Posted October 24, 2013
We have three children who attend or who have attended Stone Oak Elementary. We love it!!! The principal truly cares about all the children at the school. She is a great role model of how a leader should be. Of course, at every school, your child may not click with every teacher but for the most part, the teachers at Stone Oak are wonderful. We could not be happier with the school.

Posted October 23, 2013
This is an amazing school! Prior to moving to the San Antonio area, we had a less than stellar experience with our school district. Stone Oak Elementary and the amazing leadership by the principle restored my confidence in the educational system and more importantly the confidence that my children s overall well-being is as important to them as it is to me. Thank you Stone Oak Elementary!!!!!

Posted October 23, 2013
Our school is AWESOME! We have achieved Lighthouse status under The Leader in Me program! We have a great administration, staff, and community that are very concerned with all of the students that attend Stone Oak. We are blessed to have a fantastic principal, who knows each student by name, and works hard to make sure that each student succeeds in anything and everything they do!

Posted October 23, 2013
Stone Oak Elementary is well organized and Mrs. Ray(Principle)is a great leader. There is a very engaged team of administrators,teachers and parents. I am proud to be a Bobcat Parent!

Posted October 23, 2013
Five Stars! This is a pretty large elementary school but feels like a small town family environment. Staff are very involved with the children and parents. The principal is on a first name basis with the children and visibly present at all events, offering help and encouragement. I picked my house based on the reputation of this school and I am very glad I did.

Stone Oak Elementary School 4

Posted October 22, 2013
My wife and I are really happy with Stone Oak Elementary. Well-kept facilities, good teachers and the quality of education in the North East ISD is fantastic. We moved to MA for a year and my kids kept telling me every day how much they missed Stone Oak Elementary. This is definitely one of the best elementary schools in San Antonio.

Posted October 22, 2013
Stone Oak is a wonderful place for children! Mrs. Ray's leadership, warmth, communication insight and high expectations provide the amazing setting for a plethora of opportunities to unfold. Enthusiastic, top-notch teachers share in this vision of creating a community of learners that lead in a variety of ways. Mrs. Ray and the teachers are continuously refining and enhancing leadership opportunities. Every time I leave a school play, musical, talent show or event I leave amazed and inspired. I love that my children, all children, get to have such great learning experiences in such a variety of ways and settings. Stone Oak is an awesome place to be!

Posted October 22, 2013
Excellent school, great teachers. The principal Mrs.Ray the best, super kind , my daughters love her and their teachers. Simple as the best staff, school and principal. Always doing their best for the students in leadership and the 7 habits. Always counting the parents in each and every step of our kids progress and education!

Stone Oak Elementary School
21045 Crescent Oaks, San Antonio, TX  78258
Last modified Stone Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stone Oak Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 89 reviews. Top