International School Of America 3

Posted June 02, 2013
Great school, but....Why are there so few African American students? This school has the LOWEST percentage (1.7%) of African American students in NEISD. No other high school has numbers anywhere near this low. This is particularly problematic given that ISA is a top magnet school that draws from the entire district (and beyond). Diversity and excellence go hand and hand (something I think ISA & NEISD leadership would agree on) so I'm hoping that in the future there will be more serious efforts to recruit and retain African American students at ISA. In my opinion this will result in a student body that is even more prepared to deal with the realities of our city, our state, our country and (perhaps most importantly) the broader WORLD we live in.

Posted November 15, 2011
All three of my children graduated from ISA....two went to the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, the other is at Mills College in Oakland. ISA DEFINITELY prepared my children to succeed in college and life. Small classes, engaged teacher who WANT to be at school, and lots of life lessons for all students...especially in the good citizen category.

Posted May 25, 2011
ISA has taught me a lot about being a good citizen and person in general. It has given me many opportunities I wouldn't have been able to have at any other school.

Posted November 07, 2010
ISA is such a wonderful school. I am currently a junior and have been at ISA since my freshman year. This school does so much to challenge you, make you look at the bigger picture, look at different perspectives, and to continually make a difference no matter how big or how small. We, the juniors, just recently got back from the Alabama Civil Rights Trip. I can honestly say that it has changed me for the better. Being able to talk with people whom were alive during the Civil Rights Movement was amazing. ISA is one big family, including all grades, the teachers and the faculty. You could go to them about anything, and they actually care. This is a wonderful school and I would definitely recommended applying here.

International School Of America 0

Posted November 04, 2009
Great Teachers, wonderful travel experiences

Posted December 02, 2008
I have a child who has tested gifted or in the 99 percentile in any standardized test she has taken. Much of the work she was given in Alamo Heights did not challenge her. It killed me to watch her spend precious time on this type of homework, because she already mastered the subject matter. At ISA she has never been involved in a project where she wasn t challenging herself. She has absolutely blossomed, loving the educational experience. She is very happy there, and learning the important lessons of life. I can t say enough good things about the school.

Posted June 06, 2008

Posted August 08, 2006
I have two children who attend ISA, my son is a senior and my daughter is a sophmore. I couldn't be happier, because I've never seen them happier. The teachers and administration are completely approachable, no matter what the issue is. I have two of the world's worst procrastinaters, but somehow the teachers have taught them time management skills that will be extremely helpful in college. Their experiences while in ISA will, I'm sure, serve them well for the rest of their lives. Academics beyond compare, caring teachers and staff, unbelievable learning through travel, and friendships to last a lifetime, what can I say? ISA is the best!

Posted March 29, 2006
- a former student
this is such an amazing school. My oldest child is a junior this year, and she has never been happier or more successful than she is at ISA. She is involved with the MUN program, and is surrounded by kids who love to learn and teachers who love to teach.

Posted August 13, 2005
- a former student
This is a school that offers experiances you can't find anywhere else. The administration is great and friendly, and the enviornment is always laid-back and welcoming. If you are selected to go to this school you are in for a great four years.

International School Of America
1400 Jackson Keller Road, San Antonio, TX  78213
Last modified International School Of America is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
International School Of America Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top