San Antonio, TX

Posted January 29, 2014
My child is in fourth grade now and overall this school has been great! All of the teachers my child has had from class to specials have shown enthusiasm for teaching and caring for their students. Longs Creek has had its ups and downs with leadership changes over the past few years but I hope Mr. Forde and Mrs. Christenson will continue to move toward building a wonderful environment for the staff and families. This is only done with parent involvement which I have seen with daily volunteers and the Watchdog program. As a parent I encourage others to help when and however they can - it is the best thing for all of our children! I look forward to the next year and a half and I think we will miss being there as we move into middle school.

Longs Creek Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2013
Not what I expected at all. I was told this was a very good school when I first moved to San Antonio and it's been the opposite in my experience. My children who are in 3rd and 2nd are learning what they had previously learned in Kinder.

Longs Creek Elementary School 1

Posted May 14, 2013
The new principal is horrible! He accused my daughter of lying! I wish Mr. Cantrell was still here. This school has gone downhill. I don't know what's going on. I want to transfer my daughter out of this school. I'm military and have had my girl in many schools and this one falls short. I had heard Texas public schools were not great but this is beyond. I'm actually quite shocked. I've spoken with other parents and they agree. What's upsetting is that we can't just up and move! What's wrong with this school!!!

Posted January 08, 2013
My son is in the first grade with Mrs. Mattox. She is a GREAT teacher, very responsive to what your kid needs, rather than strictly teaching to the TAKS. The principal Mr. Forde is a great with the kids, as is the vice principal whose name escapes me at this time. We knew we wanted to live in NEISD when we moved to San Antonio, and couldn't be happier with this LCES!

Posted July 08, 2011
My son has had great success with Mrs. Pleak, Mrs. Jordan and Ms. Carnazzo. Overall, a great public school! Looking forward to many more years at Longs Creek.

Posted May 13, 2008
LCES is great - faculty, student-centered atmosphere, friendly administration, art program, facility. I sub in several schools in this district & believe this school is tops overall, on any measure.

Posted February 18, 2008

Posted October 21, 2006
This is my daughter's 2nd year at LCES and she has had two fabulous teachers, Miss Davis and Mrs. Jordan. As a former educator I think there is too much of an emphasis on the TAKS, but this is the same in any district in Texas. My daughter loves music and the library is fantastic! I like that she has gym everyday. I am already dreading moving out of this district at the end of this school year.

Posted April 06, 2006
- a former student

Longs Creek Elementary School 4

Posted November 29, 2005
My son loved this school, I loved the parent interaction and the principal, Mrs McBee, was just wonderful. Central to wonderful neighborhoods for middle class families.

Longs Creek Elementary School
15806 O'Connor Road, San Antonio, TX  78247
Last modified Longs Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longs Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top