San Antonio, TX

Posted October 19, 2013
My son is in 6th grade at Bush. He was homeschooled up until this year. He has dyslexia and dysgraphia so we almost didn't enroll him in public school when we enrolled his siblings, but it has turned out to be a great experience for him. The teachers have been so great about following his accommodations. His case manager sends out regular emails letting us know when tests are coming up and big projects are due (this is great since my son's memory isn't the greatest). We've had absolutely no issue in the transition to middle school and I really credit the teachers with that. They really seem to care and help the kids whenever they can. We're definitely happy to have our son at Bush!

Bush Middle School 4

Posted September 22, 2013
As a current eighth-grader at this school, I can say that it is a good school. Not all of the teachers are great, certain members of the staff have been engraved in my mind forever as "that janitor who wouldn't stop yelling at us for no reason and pushed me because I was walking too slowly" or "that coach who judged the heck out of me." But the majority of the staff are excellent, sincere, and kind-hearted. The G/T English program is incredible, but I can't say the same for the math, algebra, and geometry classes. They give you hasty instructions and at least one sheet of homework literally every night. Very stressful and hard on the other students and I. The fine arts programs are amazing, especially choir! The new principal isn't as good as Mr. Hoyer was. And to the person who said that some classes are in trailers... They're portables. Air conditioned and heated mobile classrooms with all the functionality of a regular one.

Posted December 18, 2011
I am a student here and I LOVE BUSH MIDDLE SCHOOL i have so many friends and the education is great we hardly get homework for me getting no homework is great but for some other parents that might be a concern.. I still learn alot though LOVE THIS SCHOOL

Bush Middle School 3

Posted June 19, 2011
Barbara Bush Middle school administration needs a tune up! The teachers are good and our kids had no issues with them directly. It is the administration that needs the help. The school administration did not follow our special needs son's individual education plan or his Behavioral intervention plan. TEA agreed with us the parents as well, but the school still did NOT follow these plans developed by us the parents and thier own committee. Approach this school with caution if you have a special needs child!! Check out Texas Education Agency website

Posted May 18, 2011
The review that states that new student are no welcome at this school is redicules, my child is a new student and he has not had any problems being accepted. This is a great school with teachers and staff that go out bof their way to help you.

Posted February 01, 2011
My daughter is in sixth grade at Bush Middle school. She is enthusiastic and is eager to go back to school every Monday morning. The principal is outstanding and you can not ask for a better learning environment.

Bush Middle School 2

Posted August 16, 2010
Bush middle school is excellent academically. My daughters teachers are all great and did attempt to help her move into middle school midyear. I found the counselors to be extremely unhelpful... and there is no program in place to integrate new students. The course choices are done in October almost a year prior. My son entering 6th grade and daughter entering 8th grade missed any orientation for electives despite having enrolled November of last year. Band program is particularly poor in this area. We missed summer band program because they failed disseminate information until a week before.(new students not in database) My daughter was also excluded from end of year band trip because she was a new student (6 months before trip) New families prepare to hound counselors to make sure your kids are on the right track. Not recommend for military families as new students are not welcomed.

Posted April 24, 2010
I go to Barbara bush middle school. Ive been going to bush for 6, 7 ,and 8th grade. I really like it alot. There isnt really a mean crowd of people. Everyone is very nice. We also do very good on taks. (TAKS is a test that you take once a yar for reading, math ect.) They also make you take a health class in 6th grade but its very nice cause you can get yr cpr then. I strongly encourage you to go to this school.

Posted February 01, 2010
We love this school. My children seem to be growing so much in maturity and their learning skills have advanced in only 4 months. The programs, support, and keeping parents informed has been exceptional! I've had no complaints and very happy with our decision to move here.

Bush Middle School 2

Posted February 01, 2010
I don't know how this school is rated exemplary. How can an exemplary school have classes with 35 to 40 students. Some of the classes are even in trailers.

Bush Middle School
1500 Evans Road, San Antonio, TX  78258
Last modified Bush Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bush Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top