Bad
Good

Posted April 13, 2015
This our first year and we love it!! (1st grade). Very attentive to any needs.

Posted October 08, 2014
We adore this school! Kids are happy, thriving and truly demonstrate respect and leadership. The principal connects monthly with parents during coffee chats on important topics. There is a healthy attitude towards state tests that reduces anxiety among staff and kids. The focus is clearly on learning and meeting the needs of every child. The Gifted/Talented program has been a great fit and also hosts a MIndfest team event for the entire school. PTA is active and welcoming and funds a wonderful art teacher and a garden program. The bilingual preschool and integrated sign language magnet school make it a very unique campus. (Sign club is very popular with all the students and their performances will move you to tears!) Enrollment is much smaller than other area schools, making it a close-knit, peaceful campus with nicely balanced diversity (ethnic, economic, religion). The music program is getting stronger thanks to an energetic new teacher. We have been very happy with all our teachers--they all communicate well in different styles (text, email, notes). The campus is well equipped with smart boards, computers, tablets, etc. We will be sad to leave this very special school.

Posted May 15, 2013
My daughter has attened OME school since Kindergarden, and I must say, this is one of the best schools! They are extremely Parent Teacher oriented, and involve the students in whatever they can! This is like a private school with the exception of teaching the Word. - OME shows leadership and other schools should attempt to be more like them!

Posted January 23, 2012
My daughter attends to this school, this is her first year and I love it, out of all the schools around the area this is my favorite one, the teachers are so nice and they dedicate their time to the students, she has learned so much and she is just in P-K

Oak Meadow Elementary School 4

Posted March 17, 2011
I currently have 1 child in this school and so far have been very pleased. I love how they great every kid @ the door and know 99% of all names. It's very "family" oriented, so far everyone seems very involved and caring and all are focused on learning which reflect in test scores. Some PTA members are very "Blah" and monotone. I love how kids art work is displayed for all to see. Sign language is huge there and I appreciate that as well. Seems very safe as well. I wish there were more technology used there. (Texting teachers, more emails, video etc) Overall I am happy I picked Oak Meadow over where she was "suppose" to go and even over school located Huebner which never called me back to set up an appointment to walk the school. Oak Meadow allows me to sleep at night that my child is in good hands.

Oak Meadow Elementary School 4

Posted October 05, 2010
I have had two children in this school, and I have been very pleased. They are both in the GT classes and have found it to be challenging and rewarding. The school has been very responsive when my children had difficulties related to family issues. The sign-language classes are particularly good.

Oak Meadow Elementary School

Posted April 30, 2009
when is graduation for the 5th gragers

Oak Meadow Elementary School 1

Posted December 22, 2008
My son entered kindergarten at this school and I was extremely disappointed. I had heard good things about this school and had researched it before he started. However, what I read and what I found personally were extremely disjointed. The teacher was more concerned with whether my son would behave in class than what he was going to be learning. I also found the office staff to be very unfriendly.

Posted July 14, 2008
The teachers and staff are wonderful, very caring and concern about the children. Specially Ms. White. She's the Special Education Teacher.

Oak Meadow Elementary School 3

Posted June 02, 2008
Good reading program, but trying to deal with administration outside of the teacher is very frustrating. Communication, coordination is bad and there is no follow through. This is a good school if your child does not require assisstance outside of the classroom. If your child requires additional help, look elsewhere.

Oak Meadow Elementary School
2800 Green Run Lane, San Antonio, TX  78231
Last modified Oak Meadow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.