Posted January 03, 2014
This is the best school I have been too the school is nice some of the teachers are nice and it's just better than all the other elementary schools I went to in NISD McDermott is #1

Posted January 03, 2014
This is a good school lots of activities and it's just a great school for your children.

Mcdermott Elementary School 1

Posted March 28, 2013
This is the worst school I've had the misfortune to deal with. From the first day of registration, I've had nothing but headaches. The administration is terrible. Every time I've had to go to the office to drop off lunch for my children or just to sign in to have lunch with them, it has never gone smoothly. The ladies that work at the front office are incompetent and I don't know how they've managed to get their job. We recently moved from another state and my daughter would never want to miss school, even when she was sick. When I would try to keep her from going to school because she has a cold, she would say "I don't want to miss school mommy, because I like going to school." Ever since I've enrolled her into this school, she never wants to go to school. I've gone in and said something to them, yet I haven't gotten one call back or response from them. There have been time, I've dropped lunch off for my child before she's to have lunch yet she doesn't get it until lunch comes to an end for her. I used to work with school aged children and would have to go to a lot of different schools; by far this has got to be the worst school I've ever come across.

Posted June 24, 2011
My grandson attends McDermott Elementary, and I have high praise for the teachers that work there and the Administrative staff...Last year was his first year of Kindergarten, and he was praised, encouraged to listen and offer his thoughts on the subjects being studied...And Kudos to his teacher, Mrs. Angela Palomarez...She has an excellent relationship with her students....She cares......

Posted January 21, 2009
My son attends this school and has for the past 4 yrs. He loves his school. They have wonderful activities for parents to attend. Our favorite is family fun night which is right before Halloween. Our entire family attends including my parents.

Posted September 18, 2008

Posted September 14, 2006
This is our first year with a student in Mrs Northrup's Pre-K class and a student in Ms Garza's Kinder class. We are so excited to have our children attend such a 'child oriented' school. Mrs. Northrup is outstanding and keeps the children interested. Our preK can hardly wait to go to school and literally jumps out of bed saying yippee, it's a school day. Thank you Ms Northrup. Ms Garza also keeps the kids challenged and focuses on parental cooperation with supportive practice work to be done at home reinforcing work done in class each day. All the office staff and other teachers seem to be 'on the same Page' with the children the focus. Thank you staff of Robert McDermott Elementary, for caring for our children and providing an instructive and learning environment filled with love.

Posted April 26, 2006

Posted March 17, 2005

Posted December 09, 2004
The staff seems very involved with the students. If the Teacher can't take care of an issue, then the School Councelor is alerted (and the councelor moves with the scolastic year of students..... ie: the 4th grade councilor moves with the kids and is the 5th grade councelor the following year. If that isn't satisfactory, the Vice Principal tries to rectify the situation. In all, the whole staff works well together.

Mcdermott Elementary School
5111 Usaa Boulevard, San Antonio, TX  78240
Last modified Mcdermott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcdermott Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top