Posted February 18, 2014
We transferred in from out of state, so I was unsure of what to expect. I am so glad that we landed here! The teachers and the office staff is amazing. THe kids are very polite. My son started off super shy, but by the end of the year he completely blossomed and all the classmates were very kind with him. His teacher is totally "in tune" with him. He even gets time with the special ed department and those teachers are phenomenal!! They completely make every effort to work around my son, and my youngest is in the ppcd program and is also thriving. I am so pleased with the constant communication with the staff, and my children LOVE going to school. Even though it is a smaller school, they really try to encourage "family learning" at home with additional activities we can do together outside of school. Great Job all around!

Carlos Coon Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
I love it that the kids are so polite and they get to the school early to help out as valets. My child was having problems in Math and the issue was immediatly brought to my attention. My child is being tutored by a Math Specialist and the Vice-Prinicpal several times a week and my child is ready to move on to her grade level math. Awesome Teachers and Front office Staff. They are getting the whole school involved with the Taks test and having seminars for the families on what a child will see on the test and offering test taking tips.

Carlos Coon Elementary School 1

Posted November 03, 2008

Carlos Coon Elementary School 4

Posted January 31, 2007
My granddaughter is in fifth grade and I find that in Carlos Coon there are excellent teachers. They are professional and yet sensitive to the children's needs. SO far she has had nothing but the best instruction and guidance. The music teachers has had her enrolled since she started and is now playing the violin. There are many opportunities provided or at least information handed out to parents to be able to decide what activities they wish to involve their children. Safety has not been an issue so far. It could always get better if there were cameras.

Carlos Coon Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2006
I would not recommend this school to anyone, my child attends this school and the teachers are really disrespectful to the parents. especially the administration office. I am really trying to move out of the neighborhood so that my child can attend another school. I sometimes find myself teaching my child most of the homework...I think the teachers are not making sure if the children understand the work....I Should Be Getting The Paycheck!

Posted August 16, 2006
My kids attended this school previously and we loved it. Teachers, principal and parents all work together. One big thing for me was not just academics but prevention of bullying. Carlos Coon does a great job of that. I wish i could take them back there

Posted January 26, 2006
My Child is 9 years olds and attends Carlos Coon Elementary. The school tries really hard to pay attention to their students. My little girl has flourish since she started this school when she was transferred there in 1st grade. I was not very impress with the school because she attended a bigger school. The student ratio is great. I think that has made a difference. All their programs seem to try to reach all the students. And if any student needs help, they offer tutoring and other alternatives. The parents that are able to get involved help other parents that can't. We all know ours kids. The only complain I have about this school is that there is no bus service to our area for these kids and we really need bus transportation. Overall, I thought because this school is small that my our students would be short changed.

Carlos Coon Elementary School
3110 Timber View Drive, San Antonio, TX  78251
Last modified Carlos Coon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carlos Coon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top