Bad
Good

Wonderful school! The academic standards are high, the school leadership is very responsive and visible to parents and students, and the teachers are top notch. There are lots of events throughout the year to encourage family participation. GT program is strong. Good behavior is rewarded---my kids love to tell me when they have earned 'cougar bucks'. The student body is very diverse with children from literally all over the world. Having moved from a very homogeneous school, I feel like being around children with so many different backgrounds has been a wonderful experience for my kids.

Colonies North Elementary is a wonderful school. The academics are well-above average, there is a wonderful cultural diversity and our son has grown in confidence and leadership skills. The Gifted and Talented program has enhanced his experience at Colonies North. The parent community is welcoming and involved in the life of the school. I highly recommend this school to parents looking for a top-notch public school education for their kids.

My son's teacher is the greatest. He is in fourth grade and she takes her time to help him when he needs it. I just love her.

We moved from out of state. My son attends 1st grade. I am very impressed with the leadership and teachers. Everyone is very friendly and well prepared. Pick up and drop off well organized. Offers a positive learning environment. Having been a teacher, I am very happy my child attends this school.

My daughters have attended Colonies North for two years after going to a Christian school. This school has an extremely diverse student body. The children are very bright and outgoing. The administrative staff is friendly and courteous. The teachers are energetic and great at motivating the children. The principal is hard-working, very professional and great at her job. We couldn't be happier.

My daughter has attended this school for 2 years and it has not been ideal. Communication between teachers and parents is very poor. They need better organizational skills in terms of distributing information and planning school events. Many parents are disappointed with the principals demeanor and overall attitude toward the students and parents (I've heard complaints numerous times). The administration refused to listen to my view as a parent concerning what was best for my child and as a result, my child has to repeat a grade. Very disappointing. I have decided to pull my child out of this school and move to another district.

I have read all the reviews of Colonies North Elementary and I want to go on record as saying this is an exceptionally good school. My children have attended Colonies North since 2004 and we are very pleased with the work the administration and staff are doing. They approach challenges as opportunities and work very hard to give students at Colonies North the best education. Students who attend Colonies North do very well in Middle and High school and this is directly attributable to the skills they learn in elementary school. I recommend this school without reservation to anyone considering a move to the area. The negative reviews I read on this site suggest personal dissatisfaction that is generalized to the entire school. I find that the staff and administration are very accommodating and always, always, put the students first.

Incredible staff, awesome teachers, top notch administration and involved parents and students add up to the coveted exemplary rating. Great work Cougars!!!

I have a kinder that attends Colonies North and I really wish that I would have done research on this school and its administrators prior to moving to this area. Thank God that we rent because we will be changing schools at our first chance. I truly feel that from the teachers to the administrators there is not a true love for children at this location...The principle is cold and does not respect the children and parents concerns. There are better schools...with better leaders.

We have been with this school for some time now and loved the former principal. It amazes my husband and I how much things have changed since my kids started school there. The school has improved as far as its looks. However, I do find the recent change in administration unfavorable. Parents, if you have the choice, do not enroll your child at this school. There are many other schools in the district that will treat you and your children with the respect they deserve.

Last modified Colonies North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.