Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Two years ago I had three children that were at Lockhill. I found the school to have greatly skewed priorities mostly guided by the principle Cathy Cowen. The administration will allow a disruptive child to highjack classes for an entire year while being unaccommodating to reasonable requests to assist the learning of children. They are a do nothing administration that will consistently look for a reason to not take action rather than look for a reason to accommodate what is best for the students. Their ultimate goal is to grind children through the system while treating them all like automatons rather than treating them like individuals with varying needs. It was so bad I had to remove my two eldest children and home school them.

Though it is an older campus and nestled along side a few economically challenged areas, the principal and staff make this campus superior to many other schools. They encourage their students. They value parent involvement, and have many activities for their students some of which allow parents to attend. My sons have gone here for a year. It's not too big, and not too small. The teaching staff have all been wonderful. They genuinely love their students. They don't allow misbehavior by excepting respect for others and participation from each student. I trust them to ensure my child is learning not just academia, but also overseeing life lessons which will determine their later successes.

One son has attended to Locke Hill for 2 years and my other son just started in 1st grade. It has been a really good experience so far. The teachers are kind and the principal has been perceptive. She has a daunting task of dealing with all of those kids, parents and teachers!!

I highly dislike this school. My boys used to go to this school 3 years ago, this was by far the most terrible school. I had one of my son's go to speech at 3 years old after that they treated him like he was incapable if learning. The school they have been going to for 3 years now is completely different. At wanke they actually knew how to TEACH the students and never had any issues like I did Locke hill.

Incredible teachers who care about my son. The GT teachers goes above and beyond to help her students learn. Caring and warm environment!

The best way to describe Locke Hill Elementary and their staff, is THEY ARE AWESOME!!! Academically they are top notch and all the staff are caring people, that love and protect the children. A big thank you to Locke Hill Elementary.

Principal is unfriendly to parents and students and is not a good leader. Teachers are wonderful and care about their students.

They should have summer school here at Locke Hill instead of Howsman cause Locke Hill will be a better school for summer school cause it's closer to my house so can it be at Locke Hill this summer cause my kids want to go to summer school and they want it at there school Locke Hill.

After having two nearly grown daughters "make it" through the public scho system, I have to say this is my favorite elementary school by far. I found the principal and vice principal to be approachable and accommodating. The front office staff are friendly and helpful. My son is in Kinder and I honestly didn't know how he'd do because he has been he with me and his sisters his whole life...no daycares, etc. Because of his teacher and the atmosphere he has done very well and exceeded all my expectations. I can speak for every teacher, but my son got a good match. Sadly, we have to move this school year, and I will miss this school terribly! The only suggestion I have for this school is to let parents who want to eat lunch with their child, eat at the table with the class. Right now, you and your child have to eat at separate tables. I stopped eating lunch with him because he needs to bond with his classmates. When my daughters were young, I could eat at the table with all the kids and it was nice being able to talk with all the kids and I truly think it helps the kids get to know my son a little better and that he has a mother who cares.

Starting with the teachers in Kinder, this school is all about the students! It's great to watch all the teachers get to know all the children (not just the ones in their class). I've watched my son gain confidence in self as well as advance in his academics. The teachers adjust to the students' needs by acknowledging that some need more guidance/instruction while others are needing more challenges. The school's strong sense of community pride is evident in its association with the church next door (University United Methodist), Clark high school, and annual Carnival fund-raiser. Our family earnestly looks forward to watching this school continue its tenured position in the district and the community!! LION PRIDE!!!

Last modified Locke Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.