San Antonio, TX

Posted November 14, 2013
I absolutely love this school .. My children have been coming here for the past 3 yrs and I have had no problems there. The front staff is very friendly and caring and so are the teachers even the volunteers. The school is the reason why I wouldn't move elsewhere. My children have also learned so much more here than in neisd. This is highly recommended school

Posted October 25, 2013
Very nice Staff .....Great little school....My daughter likes it there!!!GO Eagles GO........God bless everyone that goes to school there..... ....

Posted April 06, 2013
ITS SMALL BUT A VERY NICE TEACHERS TEAM. MY TWO DAUGHTERS LOVE IT. ONE IS IN 3RD GRADE AND THE LITTLE ONE IN PRE K AND BOTH ARE LEARNING IMPORTANT MANNERS FROM THEIR TEACHERS, ALSO MY OLDEST DAUGHTER SAY THAT ALL HER CLASS GROUP MATES ARE VERY RESPECTFUL AND THEY CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER.

Posted June 02, 2012
My boys have been students at Howsman for 3 years, and they love it. When we first enrolled our oldest son back in 1st grade, we sat with the teacher and discussed all of our concerns about the possibility of him having Autism. The entire staff moved quickly, tested him thoroughly and placed him in specials and other recommended curriculum. He has since flourished more than we could have imagined. Both of our boys' teachers throughout the years have been extraordinary, more than willing to go the extra mile and genuinely care. The vice-principal and other support staff are incredible. They send home plenty of homework, which my boys hate, but it is not overwhelming. A couple teachers are already fighting over who gets to have our 3 year old daughter in their class when she starts school. As a parent, I feel my confident that my kids are safe and secure while at Howsman, and the staff have gone above and beyond in my children's education and well-being.

Howsman Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2010
My kids have been here the last three years. They like the school. They complain about bullies sometimes, but I think that is typical. Unfortunately, this is a public school in Texas so everything is focused on the TAKS tests. We did not hear much about science until after the Reading and Math TAKS and then they got a packet or two and took the Science TAKS. I can't imagine they did very well. This school needs to step up the homework and raise their expectations. Over-all the school is alright.

Posted August 06, 2007

Posted July 05, 2005

Posted June 12, 2005

Howsman Elementary School
11431 Vance Jackson Road, San Antonio, TX  78230
Last modified Howsman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Howsman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top