Bad
Good

Three out of my four children have attended this school. My other child had aged out of elementary before we moved to the district, but I wish she had been able to go to Howsman. The teachers and staff are caring, kind, and exceptional. I absolutely love this school and want them to be able to stay here for their entire elementary school experience.

I absolutely love this school .. My children have been coming here for the past 3 yrs and I have had no problems there. The front staff is very friendly and caring and so are the teachers even the volunteers. The school is the reason why I wouldn't move elsewhere. My children have also learned so much more here than in neisd. This is highly recommended school

Very nice Staff .....Great little school....My daughter likes it there!!!GO Eagles GO........God bless everyone that goes to school there..... ....

ITS SMALL BUT A VERY NICE TEACHERS TEAM. MY TWO DAUGHTERS LOVE IT. ONE IS IN 3RD GRADE AND THE LITTLE ONE IN PRE K AND BOTH ARE LEARNING IMPORTANT MANNERS FROM THEIR TEACHERS, ALSO MY OLDEST DAUGHTER SAY THAT ALL HER CLASS GROUP MATES ARE VERY RESPECTFUL AND THEY CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER.

My boys have been students at Howsman for 3 years, and they love it. When we first enrolled our oldest son back in 1st grade, we sat with the teacher and discussed all of our concerns about the possibility of him having Autism. The entire staff moved quickly, tested him thoroughly and placed him in specials and other recommended curriculum. He has since flourished more than we could have imagined. Both of our boys' teachers throughout the years have been extraordinary, more than willing to go the extra mile and genuinely care. The vice-principal and other support staff are incredible. They send home plenty of homework, which my boys hate, but it is not overwhelming. A couple teachers are already fighting over who gets to have our 3 year old daughter in their class when she starts school. As a parent, I feel my confident that my kids are safe and secure while at Howsman, and the staff have gone above and beyond in my children's education and well-being.

My kids have been here the last three years. They like the school. They complain about bullies sometimes, but I think that is typical. Unfortunately, this is a public school in Texas so everything is focused on the TAKS tests. We did not hear much about science until after the Reading and Math TAKS and then they got a packet or two and took the Science TAKS. I can't imagine they did very well. This school needs to step up the homework and raise their expectations. Over-all the school is alright.

Last modified Howsman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.