Bad
Good

Posted July 22, 2012
I went to Colby Glass Pre-k to 5th grade and I loved it. The teachers, staff, office people were all great. And the events like field day and officers in blue wer great. So was the magic show that they put on every year. I miss the school and always go back to visit with my little brothers and sisters when ever I can.

Posted September 16, 2009
Glass elementary teachers and related staff have helped my son tremendously. He has a diagnosis of ADHD and they have worked with us in helping him overcome this disability and continue to learn. As a parent with a child who has special needs I fully appreciate the effort put forward by the staff and teachers of Colby Glass Elementary!

Posted February 11, 2009
This school is excellent! Even the people in the office are sweet! My son no longer goes here due to moving but I can't wait to move back in the area just for the school itself! Miss Reichert is incredible and my son adored her! Thank you Colby Glass for making a difference in my sons life.

Posted October 23, 2006
I wish to thank Mrs. Lambert for having such a wonderful group of teachers and staff working all together with one goal in mind ...our kids. I have 2 grandsons now going to Colby Glass after having my children go though the same hallways years before. We truly love and respect Mrs. Kelner, Mrs. Bush and Mrs. Purkhiser to mention a few because they all are great. Ms. Rita is always cheerful and helpful and we are always ready to help the school with whatever they need. Afterschool tutoring is great along with the music program. Our boys are so happy that our youngest (7) hasn't missed a day since kindergarden and he's in second grade now. I say Thank you very much and keep up the great work..!!

Glass Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2006
My son started Colby Glass Elementary last year and I love this school. His teacher this year is Mrs.Gutierrez 1st grade. I'm always checking up on my son and when I write her notes I am always pleased to have a response the same day. All the staff is great and my son never really complains about getting up in the morning. That says a lot about a 6 year old because how many 6 year olds are actually morning people ... ha ha !

Glass Elementary School 2

Posted January 10, 2006
The academic program at this school is adequate, I do wish that my childs teacher was not a first year teacher. The programs for art and computer lab are great. I would like to see more tutoring offered as 1st grade is not tutored in the 1st semester. I have been somewhat discouraged by the office staff they are often abrupt and not friendly ( the attendance sec.) Mrs Rita is the exception, she is always ready to help. The PTA is a great idea and they meet freq. they are not as proffesional as they should be but do try hard to help the school.

Glass Elementary School 2

Posted August 11, 2005
My children attended almost 1 full school year at Colby Glass. This being their first year in public school, my children were faced with academic & social change. They learned the same concepts learned the year prior in private school & were victims of frequent 'bullying'. Under the direction of the principal, my children were relocated the very last two weeks of school to a new school due to tardiness. I am aware that tardiness is unexceptable but the decision to relocate my children given the timeline should have been based on their academic & behavioral record as well. I am left sorely disappointed.

Posted January 11, 2005
I have been extremely happy about my children's progress at this school. I have a 3rd and a 4th grader and have been at this school for 4 years. The staff encourages involvement, as well as being involved themselves. I was a mobilized Reservist in 2003 and the teachers and counselors communicated with me via email and were very attentive to my children. They made a difficult time a little easier. Academically, my children both excel and there is a great program in place to assist them. There are also wonderful 'specials' classes, such as Art, Computer, P.E. and Music. Each class utilizes up-to-date curriculum and makes it fun. One thing I especially like is that public speaking is a normal event for the children. That promotes good self-esteem and confidence.

Glass Elementary School
519 Clearview Drive, San Antonio, TX  78228
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. (210) 397-1950
Last modified Glass Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.