Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 24, 2015
when I asked about special education for my son they ignored me and said well we have to do our own research even when I had his file of the special education classes he had at his previous school

Powell Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2015
I went t register my children to this school from moving to a new house and the attendance lady verbally attacked me I felt like I was being interrogated she was asking me all sorts of questions and threatened me wth the truant officer and making me feel like I was in trouble because I withdrew my kids from their previous school and didn't sign the form when they switch to homeschool which legally I do not have to do such im sure the teachers are great but because of he rude office employees I will never go back ill stick to the private school my children are in now

Powell Elementary School 2

Posted July 22, 2015
The teaching is great but as far as accountability, it could use some work. Admin called cps on me and reported that I dropped my daughter off before school hours and left her there until they opened. After having cps there with me in the office and a long investigation afterwards, they told me they got her mixed up with another student since my daughter got on the school bus EVERY morning. I quickly withdrew her and got her into a nearby school with permission.

Powell Elementary School 2

Posted March 20, 2015
The only reason this is receiving two stars rather than one is that my sons teacher is absolutely phenomenal. However, that's about the only decent thing at this school. It is very obvious that the administration is more concerned over funding and other political things rather than the education and the content of the education given to the students. It is extremely upsetting and I am currently looking at other options for my son for the following school year.

Powell Elementary School 4

Posted July 19, 2013
My granddaughter attended Powell Elementary from Kinder through fifth grade, and it is a great school. We found her teachers to be caring and interested in the students and their education. We were disappointed when the principal left the end of the 2012-13 year to help open a new elementary school. Hopefully, the new principal will lead with the same positive energy and leadership skills. I would not hesitate to recommend the school.

Powell Elementary School 1

Posted December 16, 2010
The school is situated in a decent neighborhood, but leadership is unsatisfactory and the lack of accountability for misbehavior is unacceptable. My child (1st grade) was attacked by a group of older students in a bathroom; efforts to ascertain the identity of the students was minimal ("The fourth graders were in the library near that restroom during that time period; we think it was a few of them"). When he returned to the classroom and told the teacher about the incident, she never reported it to the office or even sent him to the nurse to be examined! Her reasoning: "He didn't seem upset enough to report it." No repercussions for her either.

Posted October 03, 2009
Powell Elementary has the best teachers I have met. They care about their students and go over and beyond in helping students succeed in school and guide them to be successful in their lives.

Powell Elementary School 5

Posted August 03, 2005
This is an excellent school and I know that the Principal really loves the children. She is totally involved and it shows. My daughter went here for Kinder and she excelled completely, she is actually Gifted and the teachers at this school were totally supportive.

6003 Thunder Drive, San Antonio, TX  78238
Last modified Powell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.