Hobby Middle School 1

Posted February 12, 2014
Administration knows nothing about setting a tone to reduce bullying or build a positive environment of respect. The attitude here is so negative. The kids are trying to be cool in a bad way. We moved our child.

Hobby Middle School 1

Posted October 27, 2013
Positivity Beater...People are mean and disrespectful, and most of all rascist. teachers yell and are too lazy to do there own work.

Hobby Middle School 2

Posted July 07, 2013
I am generally a very positive person, but I really hate this school! Kids are allowed to do whatever they want, there is lots of cussing and bullying going on right under the teacher's noses, they hear it all, but don't do anything about it. It is a very unsafe environment, and students are not respected whatsoever, they are treated very poorly.

Hobby Middle School 5

Posted November 28, 2012
I LOVE this school my daughter is an 8th grader, she is in all pre AP classes, she is involved in band, student council, tennis, art and is in the science club. She has and has had the most caring teachers, and the principal and the rest of the administration is amazing. Their one and only priority is your student; their well being, their success in their studies and socially and their enrichment as an individual. The homework is pretty heavy, but I know my daughter is going to be prepared for high school. My daughter has all kinds of friends, from different parts of the world, because Hobby gets all the students from most of the district that come as refugees and war affected countries. It is amazing how these kids speak fluently in a matter of months. I love the exposure my daughter is getting from being in a school that is so diverse and still excels academically! Thank you Hobby!

Posted December 07, 2011
I was employed at Hobby M.S. for five years as a special-education teacher. The five years that I was employed at Hobby, were the only five years (non before and non after) that Hobby was a recognized campus. Albeit, don't expect Hobby to pull-it-off again after next year. If you do, hedge your bets first. Parents, you truly have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. It all comes down to the end-of-the-year state test scores (TAKS/STARR). If your child 'is' taking an annual state test that is 'numerically' important, then your child will garnish the administrator's (and hence the teacher's) attention. If your child is 'not' taking an annual state test that the state politicians deem credible or important, then, good luck in this department. With that said though, I refuse to personally criticize any employee at Hobby, because I know you're likely to take it the wrong way. So, I will let you be the judge.

Posted January 28, 2011
Nothing special, pretty average , usual school where students are allowed to pretty much do or say whatever they feel without any serious discipline consequences it appears. Not impressed

Posted May 09, 2010
Lots of cussing thugs at this school. If you want to fit in, you better lower your standards. Never considered private school until now.

Hobby Middle School 0

Posted June 12, 2009
Hobby is GREAT!! The principle is OUTSTANDING!! She runs this school with high expectations and strong academic standards. The team at Hobby defiantly shows our children what school is all about, and the importance of a solid education. Much emphasis on college and making great grades. The school is Texas recognized which is HUGE!! Also has made commended performance on the TAAS test. HUGE!! If you don't know what this means for your children I would advise you to read-up on it. Great teachers with great leadership. You won't be disappointed.

Hobby Middle School 0

Posted February 04, 2009
I love hobby. Im a student here, and i think that its the best of the best!! some of the teachers would be better off completely fired but whatever. Dont underestimate the size of the school; its just perfect. Definately hard to get lost in. The classes are great. But, as someone said on this website, the counselors are no help at all. Parents, you could email mrs. Gray as many times as you want about schedual changes, but she doesnt do crap. When i tried, i got yelled at.

Hobby Middle School 5

Posted November 01, 2008
I am a student at hobby and I love it! I am in all AP classes and am doing very well. I highly recomend this school for kids because its has a very warm,safe enviornment.Theres an onschool police officer who is very good, and our new principal is amazing! The school is not that big so your student will not be late for classes (5 minuet passing period- I was scared to!) I was nervouse about attending hobby my 6th grade year but they welcomed me with open arms and got me on track. After the first day at hobby everything was very fluent and I knew wear to go. Come on down to hobby! I highly recomend it.

Hobby Middle School
11843 Vance Jackson Road, San Antonio, TX  78230
Last modified Hobby Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hobby Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top