Posted June 27, 2014
The last person to posts are people who can't handle the rigor of HCHS and refuse to accept they are not a good fit for this school. If you work hard, HCHS will open massive doors. It's no surprise we get over 18 million dollars in scholarships every year for under 200 seniors. Also, most of the negative comments were not written by our students, but other "rival" schools (no one comes close to HCHS). Once a phoenix, always a phoenix.

Health Careers High School 3

Posted April 24, 2013
Just because we have high test scores does not make this a good school. A good school has a good atmosphere and teaching philosophy, both of which are lacking here. This, coming from a student who excelled academically and in extracurriculars. While you will meet a more mature group of students here, the prevalence of snarky and inadequate teachers makes HCHS just like any other school. In the recent years, the administration has grown especially intolerable, with the new principal who shows passive aggressive favoritism. The amount of busy work (especially in Anatomy and Physiology) is ridiculous, but probably on par with other area high schools. While the other comment talks about bonding over studying, competition is fierce and the vast majority of conversations center around lack of sleep or gpa. Not a healthy environment, imo. A few great teachers (latin teachers, some freshman teachers, a few medical course teachers). In short, nothing special, probably more complaining students on average, no sports team, and a falsely inflated sense of elitism.

Posted August 09, 2012
This is a wonderful school; the close environment is a great way to make close friends. The school is not only for health as it excels in the maths and sciences. I went here, and now I am at MIT, and I'm sure it is due to the teachers, the volunteer work, and the specialized health classes like the in-hospital Clinical Rotation class.

Posted October 17, 2010
I'm only a Freshman (or Fish...) , but I'm already attached to this "nerd" school, and am proud to be a "nerd" :) ! At this school, nerd is a teasing compliment, and there is good peer pressure (for example: friends remind and urge each other to do homework, study, etc.) . On days of big tests, my friends and I also make big study groups at lunch. Lastly, I believe that this school is already preparing me for college, as well as the work field, and not just preparing me for tests and such. Most of the teachers are very good, and the Latin program is amazing as well! An altogether awesome school!

Health Careers High School 4

Posted October 13, 2010
The teachers at Health Careers are amazing and the curriculum is challanging. I feel that my kids are very well prepared for college. That being said there are still some problems - 1) don't expect any help with the college application process. Counselors do not answer emails and will put you off when you try to set up a conference. It took 5 weeks to get transcripts. 2) Just because one of your kids gets in does not mean any others will, regardless of qualifications. I have 2 kids and HCHS and 1 at another high school. Last year I would have given 10 stars but things have changed a lot since the old principal left. Try CommArts - I here good things from parents there.

Posted May 25, 2010
A GREAT SCHOOL, IF YOUR CHILD IS "LUCKY" ENOUGH TO GET CHOSEN BY "LOTTERY" IF YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO ATTEND THIS OUTSTANDING SCHOOL, THE BEST WAY TO ENSURE THAT THEY ARE "RANDOMLY" CHOSEN IN THE LOTTERY IS TO FIRST GET A JOB AT NORTHSIDE I.S.D.

Health Careers High School 2

Posted July 20, 2009

Posted January 08, 2009
This school is a wonderful opportunity for any student who wants to pursue a career in the health and science fields. The faculty do care about the class and the fellow students were great. I have great memories of attending this school myself. I would recommend this school to any child that is considering it.

Posted September 10, 2008
If my daughter did not attent Health Careers High School I would probably be spending over 10K annually for private school. When my tax bill comes each year I actually believe that I'm getting my money's worth!

Posted September 04, 2008
greatest high school in nisd. was in the c/o 2008 and had to say that i was with some of the brightest i know. highly recommend anyone to consider going here.

Health Careers High School
4646 Hamilton Wolfe Road, San Antonio, TX  78229
Last modified Health Careers High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Health Careers High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top