San Antonio, TX

Posted September 02, 2014
This school is way over crowded! Fortunately, my kid attends ComArts, which is next door, but my kid has to go to Taft for electives and lunch. The one elective is band....so disorganized! My kid had to wait 5 hours to get fitted for a uniform and another 3 hours to get shoes and locker. Also, the practice schedule is too intense and interferes with their academics. My concern fell on deaf ears, when I contacted the band teacher. He doesn't care and puts winning competitions above the needs of the students. My kid loved band until moving to this school. So, be aware if your kid wants to be in the band. They don't follow the online schedule and add practices to an already full schedule.

Posted August 22, 2013
The personal and the whole system are first class, this is a place every future profes sional should be.

Posted September 02, 2012
Taft embodies the warmth and charm of a small town community. Friendly; from administration to teachers to students. My daughter is in her first year of high school. Freshman orientation was great! It offered the right amount of hand holding yet with enough learning opportunities for both me, as a parent, and my daughter, as the student to navigate on our own to become familiar with the new high school environment. When we had questions, anyone, everyone was there to answer them for us. A solid good school.

Posted April 23, 2011
The school's education is average, the rough atmosphere is extremely intimidating. The academic program is not challenging, teachers are too lenient about the school work. The staff is great, but if you're looking for a more motivating and challenging education this is not the place to go. Even the AP classes are average. I feel like a waste a lot of time at school because I spend most of the day sitting around doing nothing.

Posted April 16, 2010

Taft High School 0

Posted March 08, 2010
I am a parent of a student who attended Freshman year at Taft H.S. I will say that the Choral Music Dept. headed up by Ms. Welsh and Mr. Rodgers was incredible! They teach these musically inclinded kids to be leaders and feed them with nothing but positives. Sadly I have to say the office staff, and a few teachers who I chose not to name, are completely lacking in both compassion and tact. Not only with the students, but with the parents as well. It's almost as if there is no communication what so ever. All in all, I found my child to be VERY happy with her choice to be involved with the Vocal music Dept, but often wanted to change schools due to the lack of interest she was shown by several of her teachers, and several of these classes were Pre AP advanced courses!

Taft High School 0

Posted February 25, 2010
I was part of the first Four year class of Taft High School. I had a wonderful education and I enjoyed High School.

Taft High School 3

Posted March 30, 2009

Taft High School 4

Posted March 24, 2009
I believe this is the best school to go to. Great athletic program, great choir and a wonderful band. Alot of different people, so you would fit in great.

Posted August 27, 2008

Taft High School
11600 Farm to Market 471, San Antonio, TX  78253
Last modified Taft High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taft High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top