San Antonio, TX
Students enrolled: 1,023

Posted November 23, 2014
This school is TERRIBLE! The teachers and admin are not there to help the students. My child repeatedly seeks help but none is available. She is bullied and made fun of by other teachers but the admin doesn't help. Can't wait till she is out of this school!!

Zachry Middle School 4

Posted August 04, 2014
My wife and I have been pleased with Zachry MS. We have our 4th child attending and we're pleased with the comfortable, welcoming and safe feeling we get when we enter the school. Our child stays busy with band and other activities. Staff communication has been good.

Posted July 01, 2014
My child went to this school. You don't get a warm and welcoming feeling there. Despite the atmosphere, my child continued to excel academically and scored high in the STAAR tests as had always done; we were glad for this. The school does offer a great array of extracurricular activities which is a plus. I also believe the teachers are trying to teach the kids as best as they can. However, many of the students who attend this school lack respect and good manners and commonly use inappropriate language (slang terms and curse words) as a normal manner of talking and supervising adults (teachers) seldom if ever correct or discipline them if and when over heard. A handful of fights were also witnessed. Teaching respect and good manners are not part of the school curriculum, this is left to the parents to teach, which unfortunately some parents are not teaching very well. In this school kids are exposed to every spectrum of society including the good and the bad as well as a diverse social economic background which in itself can all be viewed as a Social Studies learning experience in itself. Despite the pluses and minuses my child seemed to like attending the school.

Posted May 28, 2014
I have two children who go to this school one in 7th grade and one in 6th grade. I've had nothing but issues with this school. The bullying and gangs at this school is ridiculous, Ive been up there over 6 times for my kid's being bullied. Not to meantion the weekly drug problems. I will be finding another school for my childern to attend next year. I'd rrecommend not taking your children here.. The office never returns your calls either..

Posted May 20, 2013
awesome. needs more time to get to classes though. 3 minutes is not enough. other than that it is a great school! i am a 6th grader there currently! its great! you'll meet lots of friends and OK teachers!

Posted January 15, 2013
I am certain that Zachry has many students who are exceptional spellers. How are they to get to the outside competition when there is nothing offered internally?

Posted November 09, 2011
I would not recommend this school. Our son has had numerous issues with bullying going on. The incidents have not only occurred in the hallways, but in the classrooms and after school program. It has been addressed with the principal as well as some of his teachers, yet it is still an issue.

Posted August 26, 2009
The Principals,Teachers,Counsellor and all the Staff are very attentive to the needs of the Students to succeed.

Posted April 11, 2008

Posted January 13, 2008
Teachers were decent, good class set up, but horrible lunch room schedules.

Zachry Middle School
9410 Timber Path, San Antonio, TX  78250
Last modified Zachry Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Zachry Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top