San Antonio, TX

Scobee Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2015
My children have always been in gifted programs and enjoyed school, socializing and academics. However, that changed after fifth great at Scobee. For the first time I had a child ask if they could "skip" school because they did not want to be around their teacher. I had a child come home in tears multiple times because of things their teacher said and actions taken by the school. I am honestly disappointed. We have never been to a school where subpar teaching was tolerated and bullying from a teacher was overlooked. The best thing that ever happened was us buying a house outside of this school district as we were contemplating private school as a resolution. What a horrible experience and school year, absolutely horrible. If you have a child in fifth grade, cross your fingers because this is where the teachers are allowed to run free and your children will not come home enriched academically or socially. We even had a teacher go as far as telling my child, "she doesn't know why there is a GT program because they don't learn anything in there and it is basically a free period for them to play."

Posted April 01, 2015
Scobee Elementary is an amazing public school!! Very friendly, kind students and staff as well. My children are all well above average academically, and the teachers and staff challenge them and give them extra learning opportunities.

Posted December 17, 2013
Scobee is a great school. I am so happy we moved here. Whenever the grandparents visit they love to spend the day with the kids at Scobee and they always come back saying the same thing, "what a great school." The principal is involved in everything and his caring attitude filters down. The VP has been there since the school opened and has things down pat. I love the fact that myself and our children can walk to school in this wonderful neighborhood, and many parents do walk with their children to drop off and pick up. The teachers are wonderful, the support staff is wonderful. The librarian runs an incentive program to get the kids reading. The PTA involvement at this school far surpasses anything I have ever experienced. There are big key events EVERYONE goes to. As well, there are many events the PTA supports to keep the community connected. I love this school. mMre importantly my children are happy, and learning in a wonderful environment

Posted January 30, 2009
Wonderful school!! Our children had been in a private school here in San Antonio for 4 years. They were straight 'A' students. We naturally assumed we were giving them the best 'classical' education available. What we found to be true was the children at Scobee were actually recieving a better, well rounded, complete education. We moved our kids to Scobee and couldn't be happier with the choice! The teachers (especially Mrs. Balido, Mrs. Rector and Mrs. Glassburn) are experienced and fabulous. We appreciate all of their interaction and regular communication with the parents. The principal & vice principal are terrific and easy to approach. Thank you Scobee for a terrific change!

Posted February 01, 2007
today I write how FANTASTIC Scobee is--from the principal Jeff Davenport, to the caring involved staff, very knowledgeable!! Ms Garcia in 4th and Ms Cornforth in 5th are supreme teachers! Great activites, total involvement by everyone. Great School Spirit!! Go Scobee!!

Posted July 04, 2006
My son just finished Kinder at Scobbee, and learned so much this year, and had a Great teacher named Ms Pepper. We received updates on what the children were doing in PE, and the school even had a KinderFest night, so you could see what your child was learning in Music, Computers, Art and PE. We love this school and all of its faculty.

Posted December 08, 2005
Both of my daughters have loved their learning experience at Scobee and have excelled in all subjects. The socialization and character education is wonderful as well. The counselors have really helped my daughters through tough times and I truly appreciate all of the faculty and staff at the school

Scobee Elementary School 4

Posted October 26, 2005
Scobee is an excellent school the teachers are great and so is the faculty.

Scobee Elementary School 3

Posted September 17, 2005
Average school. Safety is good. Principal is dynamic.

Posted August 02, 2005
My child attended kinder and first at Scobee and it was a great experience. The teachers are kind and knowledgable and the staff makes every attempt to make you feel a part of the school.

Scobee Elementary School
11223 Cedar Park, San Antonio, TX  78249
Last modified Scobee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scobee Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top