Bad
Good

Scobee Elementary is an amazing school!! My children are in the gifted program, and the teachers and staff have really worked with us to challenge our advanced kids. Cannot say enough good things about Scobee: really nice kids, dedicated teachers, amazing PTA, stellar principal.

My children have always been in gifted programs and enjoyed school, socializing and academics. However, that changed after fifth great at Scobee. For the first time I had a child ask if they could "skip" school because they did not want to be around their teacher. I had a child come home in tears multiple times because of things their teacher said and actions taken by the school. I am honestly disappointed. We have never been to a school where subpar teaching was tolerated and bullying from a teacher was overlooked. The best thing that ever happened was us buying a house outside of this school district as we were contemplating private school as a resolution. What a horrible experience and school year, absolutely horrible. If you have a child in fifth grade, cross your fingers because this is where the teachers are allowed to run free and your children will not come home enriched academically or socially. We even had a teacher go as far as telling my child, "she doesn't know why there is a GT program because they don't learn anything in there and it is basically a free period for them to play."

Scobee is a great school. I am so happy we moved here. Whenever the grandparents visit they love to spend the day with the kids at Scobee and they always come back saying the same thing, "what a great school." The principal is involved in everything and his caring attitude filters down. The VP has been there since the school opened and has things down pat. I love the fact that myself and our children can walk to school in this wonderful neighborhood, and many parents do walk with their children to drop off and pick up. The teachers are wonderful, the support staff is wonderful. The librarian runs an incentive program to get the kids reading. The PTA involvement at this school far surpasses anything I have ever experienced. There are big key events EVERYONE goes to. As well, there are many events the PTA supports to keep the community connected. I love this school. mMre importantly my children are happy, and learning in a wonderful environment

Wonderful school!! Our children had been in a private school here in San Antonio for 4 years. They were straight 'A' students. We naturally assumed we were giving them the best 'classical' education available. What we found to be true was the children at Scobee were actually recieving a better, well rounded, complete education. We moved our kids to Scobee and couldn't be happier with the choice! The teachers (especially Mrs. Balido, Mrs. Rector and Mrs. Glassburn) are experienced and fabulous. We appreciate all of their interaction and regular communication with the parents. The principal & vice principal are terrific and easy to approach. Thank you Scobee for a terrific change!

today I write how FANTASTIC Scobee is--from the principal Jeff Davenport, to the caring involved staff, very knowledgeable!! Ms Garcia in 4th and Ms Cornforth in 5th are supreme teachers! Great activites, total involvement by everyone. Great School Spirit!! Go Scobee!!

Last modified Scobee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.