Bad
Good

Posted October 21, 2012
Great school! My children love this school. The front office has a sweet staff that are very helpful. Teachers are great at communicating with me. It's easy to pick up and drop off my kids. They have a beautiful library. This school seems very safe/secure.

Posted November 27, 2011
Our daughter attended this school through 3rd grade. With the exception of one teacher, the teachers were fantastic! As testing really stresses children, they taught excellent strategies that prepared our daughter to maintain a relaxed attitude, allowing her to excel during testing. We were blessed to start our child out in Elrod Elementary. Any future schools we attend have some very impressive shoes to fill.

Posted November 15, 2011
I went to this school for 3 years and all 3 times were excellent.The teachers are amazing. Specifically Ms. Gentles my 2nd grade teacher,Mr.Murray 3rd, and last but the best Mr. Mcknight 4th. The students were always on task and always on they're best behavior. I highly recomend this school if you want the best for you child. this is the place to be!-Submitted by fellow student

Posted May 09, 2010
My daughter is in kinder this year. Her teacher ( Ms. Powell) and all other staff I have been in contact with are wonderful. Were moving out of the city and I hope to find a school a great as this one!

Elrod Elementary School 4

Posted September 17, 2008
My son has attended Elrod since Kinder and is now in the 5th grade. The teachers are excellent and they create a learning evironment that is very inviting to parents. This is why parent involvement is so high at this school. I would recommend it to any parent with grade school children!

Posted January 18, 2008
My children attended Elrod for a few years. The teachers were great, faculty and staff friendly and approachable; both principals during our time very involved. We were sorry to leave.

Posted June 12, 2006
I student taught at this school for my last semester of college. It is a wonderful school with great parent involvement. Most of the teachers are experienced and highly effective. We had a huge turnout for any school functions, such as assemblies, PTA meetings, and academic night. I would gladly send my children to this school--it is a large school but it does not feel that way when inside.

Elrod Elementary School
8885 Heath Circle Drive, San Antonio, TX  78250
Last modified Elrod Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.