Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The teachers here are the best my children have ever experienced. They show a lot of care and love for them. The community is also a great place to raise my family.

My son has been in Thorton since kinder, I enjoyed both teachers kinder an first! When we hit second grade from week one my son an his teacher had problems an I as the mom stepped in for many meetings to help my son. Only to see as time went on that the communication with his teach was extremely poor. I too was having problems with her she was not as polite or organized as she should be when dealing with test homework or just everyday in an out paperwork between student parent an school. If I could upload pictures I have of notes an many rude dojo comments from her. I took my son out of that school today and couldn't be more happy about it! I got no results after meeting with vice principal either after a few times I decided this was a school me my family didn't think was good for my son or inpaticular the teacher an there was no change she just kept her ugly attitude and stop communicating period with us.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The issue never has been resolved an grew worse over time! The teacher and the vice principal were of no help to fixing the issue that we were having an that being the teacher being incredibly rude an not communicating well with us.

This school literally tore my family apart. I have never been exposed to such detached uncaring disrespectful unprofessionalism. I share my experience after have been a teacher for underprivileged children and a teacher for first year English in college myself. My family has been devastated by seemingly endless thoughtless choices made by the school with no thought of the consequences that followed. The affliction that has been splashed upon us still reverberates daily like the loud clanging noise of a brass church bell being rung. I can't begin to describe the hoops I have had to jump through. How we were not even left with a shred of dignity. How inside out upside down our lives have had to become. How incredibly easy it has been for Thornton Elementary to remain detached, disrespectful, uncaring, and unapologetic. There are no more words to convey the damage this school has done to my family.

The person below that rates one star, I can't believe you are taking about the same school! We love Thornton and the new principal is great. I drop off every morning and don't have a clue what you are taking about. Of course they have to control things, or else it would be crazy in the morning with parents lingering everywhere. Spend more time in the car saying bye. Anyways, we have nothing but good things to say about the school. Mrs. Seaman is a wonderful teacher and my son loves her class! I love all of the special events they have put on at the school and look forward to our years with Thornton! :)

After experiencing 3 years and 2 principals at this school, I have been nothing but appalled with the teachers, staff, and administration. I have experienced and witnessed attitudes toward parents and students that are the worst I have ever seen in San Antonio; and the unprofessionalism and disrespect shown to myself and others is unimaginable and inexcusable. They consistently handle matters inappropriately. There is a lack of integrity and dignity. They are excessively controlling and unwelcoming. When parents are giving their kids direction or saying goodbye in the morning, the children are told to ignore their parents. Parents and other family visitors are often scolded in front of their kids. These people are supposed to be role models to our kids, and all they are doing is showing them how to be rude and disrespectful. We will be moving to another school immediately.

This is school amazing! Both Principal and Assistant Principal are wonderful! They work together as perfect team. We are going on our 5th year at Thornton, couldn't be any happier with this school. Great communication with teachers that are all dedicated to all students needs academically to strive.

They should have summer school at Thornton this summer instead of Driggers cause Thornton would be a better school for summer school.

Love, love, love, love,love,love, love, love, love, love, love, love,love, love, love,love,love, love, love, love, love, love, love!!!!

I am a parent have been there at Thornton for 10 years straight, my second child is in the 3rd grade. Overall it has been a great experience. Although this year the administration is really coming down very hard on the teachers and students who will be taking the TAKS Tests. Administration is worried about keeping our Exemplary status. That means nothing to me, but the stress and frustration from admin. is affecting the teachers and their stress is affecting our children. My son has been subjected to a teacher whom is helping him, making faces if he or others get a wrong answer. Why should the kids be subjected to that negative behavior? That is just not acceptable . The teachers should love their career as this is what they have chosen, but the tension has become too high and it is affecting all.

Last modified Thornton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.