San Antonio, TX

Posted October 25, 2014
The person below that rates one star, I can't believe you are taking about the same school! We love Thornton and the new principal is great. I drop off every morning and don't have a clue what you are taking about. Of course they have to control things, or else it would be crazy in the morning with parents lingering everywhere. Spend more time in the car saying bye. Anyways, we have nothing but good things to say about the school. Mrs. Seaman is a wonderful teacher and my son loves her class! I love all of the special events they have put on at the school and look forward to our years with Thornton! :)

Thornton Elementary School 1

Posted October 22, 2014
After experiencing 3 years and 2 principals at this school, I have been nothing but appalled with the teachers, staff, and administration. I have experienced and witnessed attitudes toward parents and students that are the worst I have ever seen in San Antonio; and the unprofessionalism and disrespect shown to myself and others is unimaginable and inexcusable. They consistently handle matters inappropriately. There is a lack of integrity and dignity. They are excessively controlling and unwelcoming. When parents are giving their kids direction or saying goodbye in the morning, the children are told to ignore their parents. Parents and other family visitors are often scolded in front of their kids. These people are supposed to be role models to our kids, and all they are doing is showing them how to be rude and disrespectful. We will be moving to another school immediately.

Posted May 17, 2014
This is school amazing! Both Principal and Assistant Principal are wonderful! They work together as perfect team. We are going on our 5th year at Thornton, couldn't be any happier with this school. Great communication with teachers that are all dedicated to all students needs academically to strive.

Thornton Elementary School 1

Posted January 03, 2014
They should have summer school at Thornton this summer instead of Driggers cause Thornton would be a better school for summer school.

Posted October 25, 2013
Love, love, love, love,love,love, love, love, love, love, love, love,love, love, love,love,love, love, love, love, love, love, love!!!!

Posted April 17, 2010
I am a parent have been there at Thornton for 10 years straight, my second child is in the 3rd grade. Overall it has been a great experience. Although this year the administration is really coming down very hard on the teachers and students who will be taking the TAKS Tests. Administration is worried about keeping our Exemplary status. That means nothing to me, but the stress and frustration from admin. is affecting the teachers and their stress is affecting our children. My son has been subjected to a teacher whom is helping him, making faces if he or others get a wrong answer. Why should the kids be subjected to that negative behavior? That is just not acceptable . The teachers should love their career as this is what they have chosen, but the tension has become too high and it is affecting all.

Posted January 28, 2010

Posted October 31, 2009
I am a new foster parent, I have two beautiful girls that I love as if they where mine. This is my first contact ever with a public school and I am very happy, great school and great teachers. The only thing I didn't like is the food, it is way too industrial and processed, worst than fast food.

Posted May 18, 2009
As the parent of child who spent her kinder through 4th grade year at Thornton, I am deeply disappointed in the administrative staff and how they handled a bullying situation. We are now moving to another school.

Thornton Elementary School 2

Posted July 19, 2008

Thornton Elementary School
6450 Pembroke Road, San Antonio, TX  78240
Last modified Thornton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thornton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top