May Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2014
This is my children s first year here and I absolutely hate it. The one in the higher grade is maintaining similar grades as she did in her old school and the one in the lower grade has not thrived since being at this school. His therapist told me to pull him from the school because he would not thrive unless we did so. The vice-principal is incapable of handling situations with parents professionally and the principal will only make appointments with you if you e-mail her and then will only CALL YOU even when you ask for an in person conference. Call me old-fashioned for wanting to deal with matters the old way but when I m discussing my children s education I d prefer to do it in person. I have forgone discussing any issues with her because it seems like every time I have in the past it has gone in one ear and out the other. Another thing I ve noticed is that they have no-tardy mornings, I won t elaborate more on that other than it happens often. I suppose the only good thing about this school is their dual language program (my children are not a part of this) so unless you re interested in that don t even bother bringing your kids here.

Posted April 28, 2014
The teachers actually take the time to learn about each student individually and this approach makes every student feel special and gives them the desire to achieve more. My grandson loves this school and always talks about being able to figure out problems because they actually took the time to make sure he got it.

Posted January 10, 2014
I absolutely LOVE this school. The dual language program is great.The teachers are great and dedicate a lot of time to their students. The school is always very well kept.

Posted August 19, 2008
The Dual Lenguage is great!!.The staff cares for the students, Very good teachers, my kids are so happy to attend to Monroe May.

Posted August 19, 2008

May Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2008
Excellence in safety/discipline, staff and school grounds. more extra curricular activities are needed, dual language should be for all students entering not just for a select few. more academic challenges for kids who get better marks then main stream, every class like an honors class .

Posted April 06, 2006
My children have had the great opportunity in attending Monroe May Elementary. They have been successfully involved in a Dual Language Program. I have seen them grow in so many ways! The staff genuinely cares for the students and school.

Posted October 27, 2005

Posted April 15, 2004
Words can't express how glad I am that my child goes to Monroe May. All of the staff is very caring, and show true concern for the well being of the students. They have tutoring programs for after school hours. Have a after school daycare program on the campus through Urban Ministries. There is frequent activities that the entire family can go to and have the opportunity to help in your childs learning. I also feel that the teachers my child has had have all gone above and beyond their duty as a teacher in helping my child to further his education. It's a very clean school, and in a nice neighborhood. I know my child is safe when I drop him off every morning. We love Monroe May Elem!!!

May Elementary School
15707 Chase Hill Boulevard, San Antonio, TX  78256
(210) 397-2000
Last modified May Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
May Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top