Bad
Good

Myers Elementary School
Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 26, 2015
The front staff are very nice ladies always willing to help. The principle is very nice and always sets up special guest to come in and talk to the students. There is PTA meetings to talk about what fundraisers are going to and what the money is being raised for then a special performance of a grade. My daughter only attended 3rd and 4th grade. My other daughter attended pre-k with speech therapy and her speech improved which I am happy with. There was art and music and choir. I will be leaving soon but will greatly miss the school staff and teachers.

Myers Elementary School 2

Posted March 31, 2015
The teachers are nice and my kids seem to like it BUT I never know what's going on with my kids. I never see any work they've done, no graded papers, and no information as to the "special things" they may be doing. We have only been in San Antonio, in this school for three months and that was all I needed to decide that I am done with public school in San Antonio. I have already ordered my curriculum and will be homeschooling next year!!

Myers Elementary School 5

Posted February 28, 2014
This school helped my daughter be at the level she needed to be at. They were very understanding about her ADHD, and the teacher was very good at dealing with it without medication. The principle was very involved. I'm currently looking for a apartment near by to get my kids back into this school.

Myers Elementary School 1

Posted February 05, 2014
the staff is rude and the principal only thinks about herself, she never follows through with what she promised to do. the staff yells at students and speak very rudely to parents. I will definitely be moving my child to another school. If you are looking for quality education for your child this is not the place to find it.

Myers Elementary School 4

Posted November 15, 2010
This is my t grandson's first year in school. I am concerned that after passing a background check, that I have to have an appointment to sit in on a classroom ciriculum. I would like to help in the classroom on occasion to observe my grandsons progress. Is it really necessary to get the principals clearance?

Myers Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2008
I had two sons(1st & 3rd grade) attend Myers this past year for the first time. We moved from NEISD. The teachers were very patient and understanding to the student's individual needs. They also kept me very informed of any issues. Academically, I couldn't be happier with the results. Both children did much better this year and I feel they are more prepared to move on to the next grade level. Can't think of any negatives to say.

Myers Elementary School 3

Posted March 26, 2008
Good teachers. The office people and administrations could improve however overall it is good. One thing I did not like at all is the portable classrooms my son was in one not safe in my view.

Myers Elementary School 2

Posted March 22, 2008
My children attended Myers for 7 months. The experience was very unpleasant. I am very happy they are not longer in that school. The main office staff were unprofessional and failed to extend proper greetings to school visitors on a regular basis. Basically, you would have to wait quite awhile when nobody else was in the office before they would say 'hello, may I help you'. The school meets academic standards for NISD but I would not recommend this school to any parents seeking quality education for children with special needs. The school has the resources but they are not utilized properly. Those resources are utilized more by the general student body, leaving your kids further behind. In some cases, disabilities identified in an IEP are ignored. If you have the opportunity to send your kids to Raba; take it as the blessing it is.

Myers Elementary School 3

Posted May 05, 2007
I appreciate how involved both Mrs. Littlewood and Mrs. Sutton are with the students. They both make an effort to really get know as many children as possible. One major disappointment is that I am unable to visit my kid's classroom without an appointment. In addition to that, the teacher must feel comfortable with my presence in the classroom give the approval. Unfortunately, that leaves me with the feeling that I should be suspicious or at least concerned about what happens in the classroom. What teacher who is confident with his/her teaching skills wouldn't want a parent to observe?

Myers Elementary School 5

Posted February 26, 2005
My daughter loves it, she is kindergarten and has had a couple of surgeries and her teacher and all the staff have been very helpful with her transtion to being in school, and being absent due to illness.

Myers Elementary School
3031 Village Parkway, San Antonio, TX  78251
Last modified Myers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.