Bad
Good

We are heading into our 4th year at Carson and for the most part we have really loved it. Good experiences with all of the teachers and the nurse has always been wonderful. My reason for 4 stars is mainly due to the rudeness of the front office staff. Year after year they continue to disappoint myself and my husband with their unpleasant attitudes. The only other reason for the 4 instead of 5 star review is because they rarely update their website with current news and events.

My daughter attended here for her 1st and second grade year both teachers were amazing. My younger daughter went to kindergarten here, her teacher was also amazing.. The principal Mrs. Tschirhart was an awesome principle she was involved in everything, i saw her everyday helping with pick u. I saw her at every activity, parties etc. If only for a few minutes she was always there.. Unfortunately the 2013-2014 school year was her last year as she retired.. Things i didnt care for were rudeness from the office staff, from the first day i walked into that to the last day i walked out of that school the office staff was ALWAYS rude.. They act like they are bothered by you being there, that they actually have to get up and do something, especially the blonde lady who sits in the second desk, shes the worst... And I did not like the security at this school, especially with all the craziness thats going on in schools today.. they do not lock the front door, all they have a chain in the hallway that wouldnt keep anyone out.

Both of my children attended Carson, if we hadn't have needed a bigger house we would still be there. Principal Tschirhart is amazing and so are all of the teachers. I have never felt more at home than I did at Carson. The kids loved it too. They actually enjoyed going to school!! Drop off and pick up was unbelievable too. I have never been to a school that has things more in order than this school. We truly miss everyone there!!

All three of my children have attended Carson and we couldn't be happier with the school! Principal Tschirhart is an amazing administrator and the teachers are wonderful. Highly recommend Carson to anyone and everyone!

My child attends Carson and I am disappointed with the courteousness and professionalism displayed at the school. I think the faculty and staff need a class in customer service. On a good note, my child s teachers have been well organized and they make sincere attempts to keep parents informed. My son s education would have been better received if there was room for assisting students falling behind before the student is discouraged. The school appears to concentrate on the easy students and the ones with at least one parent that does not work. Although all parents pay taxes in the district, the house parents are able to give more time to the school and in return, the house parents receive better service than their employed counterparts do. The school is fine for students that are quick and quiet learners and do not ask why or how questions to supplement their learning.

My son is starting his 4th year at Carson (as a 3rd grader) and my hat is off to all the administration and staff at this school. I truly believe that they care about whether or not my child is learning, about his safety, and I love that they are flexible enough to work with some of his behavior 'quirks' (nothing clinical -- he's just a social animal) without making him feel self conscious. I feel pretty well informed about classroom activiites and project deadlines. I'm also very impressed at the level of involvement of the parents both in volunteering in the classrooms and putting on the special events. GO COWBOYS!!

Carson Elementary is the best school around this area for sure. We are pleased with the teachers, awesome PTA and stellar administration. This school is far superior to the locals schools like Fernandez or Braun E.S. Your child will feel good going here and most of all they let them be kids and have fun while doing it. No robotic children here!

I love this school! I have had two children enrolled at Carson for three years. Their teachers have been great and MOST OF ALL the administration is WONDERFUL. Any concern that I have had (and there will always be concerns/issues at some point in any child's education) was IMMEDIATELY addressed. My children have enjoyed their experience!

We are blessed to be a part of this school! My child is currently in 2nd grade at Carson and we couldn't be more pleased with the administration, teachers, staff and parent involvement. We recently moved and we told our realtor that we only had one true requirement...to stay in the Carson boundary. Thanks to all of the hard working, dedicated staff and parent volunteers that make it so wonderful. We have 2 more children that will soon be Carson Cowboys and we are looking forward to it!

Last modified Carson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.