Posted March 24, 2013
I was heartbroken when the Air Force transferred us out of San Antonio a couple of years ago and I had to pull my girls out of this school. My kids attended Fernandez and they absolutely loved it! All three of my kids were in the Multi-Age program, which is fantastic! (Mrs. Smith was outstanding) We are transferring back to the area and I still have one child in elementary school. We are including the neigborhood in this area, because of this school. I do not know the new pricipal, so I couldn't give a 5 star rating. We never had any issues with the teachers, the other students or any of the staff. The school was always clean, the students well behaved and the playground equipment was in good shape.

Fernandez Elementary School 1

Posted October 04, 2012
Typical government school in a below middle class area; nothing great. The teachers pile on work and see who can do it. It's the new definition of "teaching". NISD is nothing great either but it's the best San Antonio has to offer. It's sad especially when it comed to the competitiveness of our kids after 12th grade. Best not to live in SA area if you have to move here, go north if you are interested in better schools.

Fernandez Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2011
The multi-age program at Fernandez is excellent and the new principle Michella Wheat has been a much-needed breath of fresh air. She is very receptive to parents' ideas and concerns, and works well with the students. My primary complaint would be that the quality of the teaching staff is VERY inconsistent -as it is in all public schools due to teacher tenure. After my son's horrible experience in second grade, I would not allow my daughter to attend unless she made it into the multi-age program. Fortunately she did, and Mrs. Smith and her team are fantastic!

Fernandez Elementary School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
The teachers there are awesome!

Fernandez Elementary School 0

Posted August 03, 2009
I'm so pleased to see Fernandez' Exemplary status for 2008-2009. The teachers are awesome and staff is most supportive for all parents and families.

Posted August 03, 2009
This is a great school. The teachers are kind and really care about all students. The school administration works well with all community members and goes out of the way to be helpful. This school delivers a top notch education!

Fernandez Elementary School 4

Posted February 09, 2009

Posted March 28, 2008
This our 7th year at Fernandez Elementary (and our last as kids are moving on to middle school)). Our children have been extremely happy here and the teachers and staff are most supportive. The PTA is greatly involved in many aspects of the day-to-day life at Fernandez and welcomes all who are able to participate. The annual PTA sponsored school carnival in March is awesome and is greatly anticipated for all our families. The special needs programs are most qualified to help in the care of our children with a caring and involved staff. I have seen many of these children blossom during the school year! Mr. Raul B. Fernandez and his wife Sylvia are very involved in our school with both the staff and the students. It's not often you have the namesake of your school coming in and out and joining in for many of the activities.

Fernandez Elementary School 2

Posted October 29, 2007
We attended Fernandez Elementary for 2 school terms and were extremely disapointed. The school itself is okay but the principal is cold and am not impressed with the office staff concerning security of the students. The PTA is good at raising funds but can be very hard to break into if they decide they dont like you. They have some excellent teachers inter mixed with some mediocre ones and they have stellar multi-age program that we did enjoy.

Posted August 30, 2007
Fernandez has been the absolute Best elementary school I have dealt with while raising 3 sons. Leadership is accessible at any time, teachers are grade A, and the safety and discipline of the children is of highest priority. Extracurricular activities include Bull Dog day; many hours are spent preparing for this extravaganza. Mr. and Mrs. Fernandez are visible and committed to the quality of education and support students and employees receive. Parents are constantly urged to be active in whatever capacity they can perform. Overall, Fernandez is tops in creating a healthy academic and social environment for its children. Employees seem to be contented which lends to a more pleasant learning experience. Keep up the great work! Carolyn Crowe (Wesley)

Fernandez Elementary School
6845 Ridgebrook Street, San Antonio, TX  78250
(210) 397-1900
Last modified Fernandez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fernandez Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top