Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Those teachers that have a invested interest in their students achievements will make it a priority to reach out to the parents if they have concerns.

Amount of homework: no rating

As a parent I would like to have the opportunity to view what my child is doing in each class. Also, if the school would use one style of communication with the parents, it would be helpful.

Since 2014 the staff has been very respectful and easy to approach. The care and concern for the students is a priority.

My son is a 6th grader at Stinston. He has had a horrible experience here. I really thought getting him into NISD would better his education but its only lowering his self esteem. I reported it to the school and still nothing has done to the bully. So I've decided to him school district s.

I think this a great school I am in all Pre-AP classes and I think the teachers are helpful in anything you ask them to help you with. I am going into my last year here at Stinson I am going to miss this place. things have changed over the years I have been here we have gotten a new and the hallways are finally two-way not one way

I can't tell you I hate this school but I can't tell you I like it there is a lot of bullying because of the way I dress I am a so called 'emo/goth' I have been called names juged and harassed my parents called the counseler and I had to go he basically told me to either deal with it or change my style like seriously I like my style I'm not going to change it because people harass me but they could of done something not only that but a lot of teachers are just plane rude and some teachers need to be talked to like some of the stuff they say should get them fired I can not wait to get out of this school hopefully high school is better

Bullying is at large in this school. The administration attempts to do what it can to curtail this problem, but overall efforts fall short. The students hear all of the mandatory dialogue about how to prevent and report bullying, but the students don't care. Many continue to harass others and are not reprimanded for their transgressions. The academics are ok, as are the electives and flex classes, but this is definitely a bullying school.

My child is beginning 6th grade, so far academically they are making my child work. My child is in accelerated subjects and we are happy with Stinson. My only complaint is the way they handled locker distribution. I will keep updating this throughout the year.

DO NOT PUT YOUR CHILD IN THIS SCHOOL. I came from scobee and was excited to have more freedom but it was the worst year of my life 2012-2013. I am a straight a student and has never gotten in trouble ever! But of course I got accused of something I DIDDNT DO. and had to get a C one 6 weeks becuase they diddnt let me catch up on my work. This school is a prison. On the outside it looks like a school but on the inside it is a holding cell for 2890 people! Now I am paying 800 dollars a month to get out of that prison!!! DON'T GO TO PRISON!!!!

horrible school! don't even dare let your kid here. One way hallways, supper mean teachers, and if you do somthing innocent you will most likely get a d-hall. I came from a school I thought had alot of students, 725 but this one has 2980!!! you are a number. I am a A+ student who is considered a "nerd" so everyone makes fun of us. some of my teachers don't even know my name. But all I know is if your popular and get straight Fs, jump people, get in fights, this is the perfect place for that. most of my friends already left even some are being homeschooled. I am planning to move next year sooooo bad!

Last modified Stinson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.