San Antonio, TX
Students enrolled: 1,196

Stinson Middle School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
My child is beginning 6th grade, so far academically they are making my child work. My child is in accelerated subjects and we are happy with Stinson. My only complaint is the way they handled locker distribution. I will keep updating this throughout the year.

Posted August 11, 2013
DO NOT PUT YOUR CHILD IN THIS SCHOOL. I came from scobee and was excited to have more freedom but it was the worst year of my life 2012-2013. I am a straight a student and has never gotten in trouble ever! But of course I got accused of something I DIDDNT DO. and had to get a C one 6 weeks becuase they diddnt let me catch up on my work. This school is a prison. On the outside it looks like a school but on the inside it is a holding cell for 2890 people! Now I am paying 800 dollars a month to get out of that prison!!! DON'T GO TO PRISON!!!!

Posted May 01, 2013
horrible school! don't even dare let your kid here. One way hallways, supper mean teachers, and if you do somthing innocent you will most likely get a d-hall. I came from a school I thought had alot of students, 725 but this one has 2980!!! you are a number. I am a A+ student who is considered a "nerd" so everyone makes fun of us. some of my teachers don't even know my name. But all I know is if your popular and get straight Fs, jump people, get in fights, this is the perfect place for that. most of my friends already left even some are being homeschooled. I am planning to move next year sooooo bad!

Stinson Middle School 2

Posted April 21, 2013
My 12 year old daughter cannot wait to get out of this school. This is her first year here (2012-2013) and she is miserable. It is overcrowded, most teachers I've observed are rude to their students and do not appear to really care about the children. Also, too much violence for my 6th grader...lots of verbal aggression, threatening and fighting. She is a really good student who is having a hard time concentrating in class due to all the distractions. I'm not saying all the kids and teachers are bad, but it seems as if there are too little who care and teach. Looking in to charter schools otherwise going to have to go private and figure out a way to pay for it later.

Stinson Middle School 5

Posted August 31, 2010
Stinson is a great school! I've been there for 6th in 2008-2009 and for 7th 2009-2010. It's one of the best schools I've ever been in and trust me I've been going to a lot of schools. As lucky as I was I had to move and that was heartbreaking for me! It's like if there was something in that school that it was the reason why I didn't want to go. Anyway even though I'm a General now I will always know that I'm a SKYHAWK by heart!!GO SKYHAWKS<3

Posted August 10, 2010
My daughter started 6th grade in 2009 and it was the worst first year in middle school she ever had to experience. This is due to the limited control of students that were displaying very inappropriate behavior and the staff's lack of involvement. Because my daughter had such a horrible experience we are now trying Private schools just to try to keep her motivated about school.

Posted March 02, 2009

Posted November 15, 2008
Too many teachers are really rude to the kids and they don t appear to care that they are being rude. I don t have to hear this from my child, I can walk down the halls and hear it coming from the classrooms myself. Kids who unfortunately didn t pass the TAKS test are given a special gift that lets the whole school know that they were one of the kids not passing the test. The kids can t even discretely hide this gift away from view to avoid humiliation. Shame and lowering self-esteem seems to be how this school has decided to motivate. The principal is a figure-head. He is not a good leader or communicator that s for sure. While there are exceptions, many staff at this school don t even try to communicate to parents in a timely, courteous and knowledgeable manner. Why did this school score an 8 from GreatSchools?

Posted November 09, 2008

Stinson Middle School 2

Posted August 20, 2008

Stinson Middle School
13200 Skyhawk Drive, San Antonio, TX  78249
Last modified Stinson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stinson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top