Bad
Good

Horrible staff. Only encountered one nice teacher that worked with the kids. Rest of the staff is rude and horrible at helping out. Especially the front office. Glad I moved my kids.

Bowden Elementary had a team of concerned and dedicated staff. The members of this staff are committed to academic excellence and go the :" extra step" to ensure that the parents are knowledgeable of the child's progress and what may be done to enhance progress. I like the way that the school partners with community venues to provide adequate opportunities for the youth to excel. I have found the administration of this school easy to work with and open to questions and concerns. The school has provided a method of keeping "the happenings" of the school accessible to the community. All one has to do is call the school phone number and listen to a recording which lists the current events that may be approaching soon, any early dismissal days, or days when the school will be closed. The only improvement that I would recommend is - to ensure that incoming calls aren't left on "hold" too long. While the automated message system is very helpful, there are times when one may need to speak directly to an official staff member. think the school is doing a great job!!!

The principal at Bowden is so rude. We can't talk to the teacher before school or after school. I would like to know how my child is doing that day. They talk about how the child come first and that there main thing is respect. I have not seen that so far from the principal.

i had asked both teachers to keep me informed in any progress reports or parent teacher conferences. I even gave my cell # and email... NEVER recieved one email or call to inform me. I even sent the Principal emails to keep me informed when kids had field trips or school plays, fundraisers, or even pictures.. Not one response..... Hopefully this will be the last year my kids attend Bowden. I wil transfer my kids to the NORTHSIDE ISD, where the teachers and staff actually keep single parents updated with current events.

Last modified Bowden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.