Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

They have been passing my stepson on the the next grade when he isn't prepared for the next grade, he's in the ninth grade ...reads at a 5th grade level and can not write cursive handwriting,.

As a student at Southside High School i believe that most if not all of the teachers do not care about our education because most of the time we dont understand the material because the teachers dont go over it completely they either just sit at there desk and do what ever they do and give us worksheets and when they do put the effort into actually teaching us they fail to explain it and get mad afterwards when we ask "how do you do this?" and the administrators i believe are the main problem behind everything in our school they are more concertrated on dress code violations then our education that and the saftey of our students im am in the class of 2012 and i have failed to see anything change that is for the better of our school and our students.

What I don't understand is why Seniors have to sell ten cards with coupons at five dollars each, when the place they had their breakfast is only ten dollars for every person that enters to eat. I paid fifty dollars and can't even use the coupons at the SONIC unless I go daily and that would take one year to use up all the coupons in the cards.

There is definatly a lack of extracurricular activities, school spirt, and feild trips. I've only seen the principle twice since i moved here in November. i don't think the school dose enough to motivate students. Its boring. Teachers bascily teacher for 20 mins, and then we talk the rest of the period.

I enrolled into Southside in October of my senior year. Honestly I think the majority of the teachers don t care, and they favor kids. Out of many schools I ve been to, the students have no respect for the teachers and they don t seem to do anything about it. We practically have to sign in to use one restroom out of the whole school. Teachers are so unorganized as well as the office at the front desk. The consolers did not notify me that I was endangering of falling until the last 6 weeks of school because I wasn t aware of the credits this school required. I ve only seen the principle twice out of the 8 months I was here. They do not excuse any Dr. absents, so don t bother to bring your excuse or be sick. I wish I was excited for my Senior Prom, but so far only 50 out of the senior and junior class has signed up. There is defiantly lack of extracurricular activities but students don t seem motivated for any school activities anyways which can explain why prom

I am a parent volunteer/sub/booster club member..Our school has come a long way now we have a Principal that actually cares about our kids. She has been there herself and knows what our community needs and likes. Getting the rest of the faculty to follow is another thing. We have some teachers that are wonderful and care about are students more than their parents. It has taken time to reach where we are now , I hope that Ms. Trevino stays as principal so we can continue to succeed...I have a senior and a freshman and I hope to have her there to guide my children till they finish at Southside.

I graduated from Southside High School in June of 2008. I am proud to say that Southside High School has many wonderful teachers and administrators, it is up to the students who attend to take full advantage. I did and ranked 20th in the Class of 2008. I am currently attending Texas A&M at College Station. So I would like to say Southside did a pretty good job getting me here. Anthony Barrera Southside HS '08 Texas A&M '12

i'm sorry but i don't feel like me, as a student, feels like i'm being perpared for a good future. i've been more persured into passing the taks, then going to college. I know i'm going to pass this taks. I also want to know why we have to slow down classes for the students that don't do nothing, but because of this no child left behind thing we have to. It effacting the students that can pass and keep up with there work to fall behind in stuff they need to be learning. Then going over the same junk beacuse some kid desided to skip class all year.

my child is attending Southside high school and will be graduating this year 2007, major concern turn overs with principals and teachers! the last 4 years the moral was low and this year it is very high , confidence levels have risen this year with TAKS and teacher student relationships are noticeably very positive. I am a parent that is very involved with my child, the principal and administrators alike are doing an awesome job connecting with parents and students and bringing the community much closer. Many feel disappointment with the previous principal,but it was this year that I have see a major change in our academic programs, parent involvement and especially community moral. The Principal has a passion for her school, she graduated from SHS I truly believe she, her faculty and staff will be a great asset to Southside High School. Keep up the great work! Go Cardinals Go!

Last modified Southside High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.