Bad
Good

This school principle has no campation for children . Teacher make no time children in need unless Principle authorized . The Principle has this big head she thinks she's the owns the school and everybody in it. Sun valley staff are more focuse on the line of duty then children, most class work becomes homework. Cause the teachers are to overwhelmed with the Princeples expectations. (Which is let's focus on what I think)This shool has fallen apart since The last Principle retired. At less she was campationate to our children and staff. This school needs a new leader So that this school can be one of the best southwest elementary schools one again.

I'm not sure why this school is rated so low. The information here is also a little out dated. Vanessa Trevino is no longer the principal. The school met accountability ratings for last year and aside from scores the staff is amazing!! I love having my child there. I feel he is loved and his needs are met. The teachers work hard with me to give him the best education. He is learning so much. They also involve the community with the Watch Dogs program which gets the dads involved in volunteering and mentoring kids. On top of all this they offer all kinds of extra activities - in Elementary school! I don't remember ever having these options available to me until maybe high school. They have a STEM rotation during the school day and they have an after school STEM club, a Green Team club and they offered FREE summer programs like art camp which my son attended, that exposed him to various forms of art, They offered a GT program at Trinity U. - I was amazed that they do all this for the elementary kids! Finally the schools Leader in Me initiative is making my son use vocabulary like - synergize, be proactive, and as he always reminds me we have to put first things first.

We love this school & so do our children. Pre-k program was great too. I received notes from each teacher every day telling me about their behavior and teachers were always quick to tell me what my daughter needed more practice with at home and any area she was struggling. Each teacher has sent home letters every week telling me what they were going to be learning and all of the administration is so friendly and knew my children by name, even the ones that weren't old enough to be in school yet. The school feels safe, they check parents ID's every time and really try to involve the whole family in activities. My children seem to know every adult there and they seem to know them. Even the cafeteria workers and the janitors and the bus drivers have been so friendly and everyone looks out for the kids. Anytime any student was mean or anything adults took care of it right away. They encourage the kids to be responsible and set goals. My daughter talked about going to college even as a kindergartener. We are not Hispanic but it has not caused a problem. I know nothing but great things about this school.

After reading last year's review's & rating I was very reluctant to place my child in this school. Also, our family does not come from a Latino background & I wasn't sure how well my child would adjust. So, far my child absolutely loves her Teacher, School & Friends. She has learned so much, including some Spanish! The school seems to care about the students safety & encourages parental invovlement. Things are going smooth so far!

My daughter enjoys going to sun valley she has learned so much the teachers are great and nice. She has even learned how to speak some Spanish.

Very disapointed with this school system. My son has been harrassed by a boy with a history of bulling other children. This school needs more supervision or better discipline.

Last modified Sun Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.